my streaming server consuming a lot of cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaanZR1

hi all

i used to have server from ovh with CPU: Intel Xeon D-1520 - 32GB RAM and doing just fine without any problems at all even in peak time

ovh stopped selling that server so i had to move into something else and i founded better server i can afford with CPU: Xeon E3-1270v6 - 32GB which is obviously better! but now the server can't across 700 Mbps while it has 1000 Mbps due to CPU load

why the better new server is facing CPU load on streaming and how to fix it please? it's really weird

9 comments
There can be a lot of reasons of this issue. You need to ask your server admin to review your server.
I would recommend to add multiple streaming servers for load balancing....

Did you try to optimize your Server? As far as the bandwidth is concerned 1000Mbps must have 500Mbps upload + 500Mbps download speed that you can confirm with your DC.

hi all

i used to have server from ovh with CPU: Intel Xeon D-1520 - 32GB RAM and doing just fine without any problems at all even in peak time

ovh stopped selling that server so i had to move into something else and i founded better server i can afford with CPU: Xeon E3-1270v6 - 32GB which is obviously better! but now the server can't across 700 Mbps while it has 1000 Mbps due to CPU load

why the better new server is facing CPU load on streaming and how to fix it please? it's really weird

What storage device are you using? I mean is it an SSD Drive or a SATA Drive.

You need to check the load of the server while streaming is on. And need to check which service or what is causing the load. If the incoming request are high you need to consider increasing resource.
If you find any difficulties , you can mail to sales@dhiyam.com who can help you with this.

Maybe that would be better to have a kind of cloud based solution for this. I would recommend you to check vpsblocks.com.au. Their services are started from $10 per month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back