my own site (.in) doesn't open on my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiker0027

I am not able to figure out why this happened and where the problem lies.

My site Corp. H. doesn't open up in any of my browsers on my pc. However, it does very well on other computers. Flushed DNS etc but it didn't work. May u guys give me some reason of why this happened and how to get off it.:)

List of some solutions i tried...
> Clearing and using different browsers..
> editing host file in Windows\...
> Using Google DNS
> Confirmed no ISP problem.. Coz the same internet connection loaded the site on mobile phone and other computer.
.....This is not complete list but at this very moment, i remember only those as they have been suggested already many a times......

Last edited:
13 comments
Best make sure it is a dns issue.

If you are on windows, run the following in command prompt.

Code:
 nslookup corph.in

The result should look something like this: http://screensnapr.com/v/mLo9Np.jpg (but obviously with a different dns server).

On a mac or linux distro, use the following command.

Code:
dig corph.in

If you don't get a response with your websites IP, then it is definitely a DNS issue. In that case, try a public DNS service like Google or BlockAid.

@okone.. thanks for bearing the pain of nslookuping my site. Yes it returns the ip address to my server. But then what is the problem?

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

And ah.. one more thing.. my browsers are not able to resolve the domain of this site. However, every other site works fine on my pc.

Okay i still tried Google DNS .. but the same response.. Server not found... Err name not resolved error is returned...

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Okay new thing... tracert to the said domain doesn't work.. same response not resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back