Megaupload Readies for Comeback, Code 90% Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good that MU comes back. I was not a big user of them in the past, but because of them vanishing a lot of hosts vanished.
More competition is always in our advantage.
On top of that I am pro piracy in this case. Copyright breakers are alleged by entertainment companies for theft while they actually steal half of what the artist create themselves. Let us not forget that the loss of copyright infringment is just a few millions a year, while the entertainment industry is running profits into billions.

Do you realize these artist sign contracts that allow the studios, producers, and distributors to receive these profits.

They consent to it with them. Do they consent to your distribution of their material without you compensating them? No they do not, your logic is flawed and skewed to justify your activity, it does not hold up in the courts either.

WDF, I always saw that you were not a big fan of MegaUpload.
They signed a contract indeed, but what other options do they have? The MegaBox service will have a lot of troubles. If Dotcom is telling the truth he's going to pay 90% directly to the artists.

And please, you're a mod don't go personal with things like "your logic is flawed and skewed to justify your activity". If you care, my main activaty is studying law. I know the difference between legal and illegal, but I still have brains enough to see what is legally fair and what is a legal rippoff.

On top of that, some things are just legally not possible in an easy way. I pay 10 euros a month for Spotify. And you know why? Cause it's a nice price and because it's easier than downloading, nothing more nothing less. If I want to support small starting arstists then I just buy an album for for 5 euros and they are happy.

What happened to MegaUpload is not just about copyright, it's about freedom on the internet. And that freedom is being threatened. Internet was never considered important by entertainment companies, untill a few years ago. It's big, it's free and there's money to earn. Nobody wants the most corrupt companies in the world to control it. You think Wjunction will remain out of troubles when the internet is turned into a controlled place? Wjunction is not illegal, but you can compare it to a pub were people discuss dark things, we would all get into troubles sooner or later.

Last edited:
@WDF,
Millions of people are downloading Lady Gaga's & Katy Perry's albums, but they are already rich.

I live in Turkey. Turkish people are so poor, they can't be able to buy an albums. As you know or may not know, %70 of the world is POOR. Please don't bullshit from USA or Europe. I've been living in here over the past 22 years, and I know what the truth is.

You can not damage this industry by downloading something. If I wasn't able to download freely, I WOULDN'T BUY IT. If I can't reach something freely and I can't test it (by listening/watching) how can I be sure that it isn't a GARBAGE ?

If I want to buy an album, I can buy anytime. I like to buy albums, I've a wide collection. But saying "free downloads are to baaaad" is RIDICULOUS.

You have no idea what entertainment law is then so I guess you are very early in your studies.

Your logic is flawed and if you do not want to be told so you should probably not post it publicly.

The studios do more then collect a check and you know it as well as I do.

They invest a great deal of money in every project before they sell it. Just like a bank they expect a return on that investment.

If you are truly studying law you know just as well as I do that Copyright Infringement is a crime, you can try to justify it or sugar coat it or how ever you choose to try to make it seem OK but the plain fact is it is not.

@duruakant so when someone steals, yes you are stealing, something of yours and they are less fortunate then you it is OK and they should not be held accountable? That is what you are saying, because someone has less then you it is OK for them to take your stuff without giving you anything for it.

I am in my second year, so yes I am in early stage.
Copyright infringment is a crime, so is beating up your dog, but still millions of dogs are beaten up and no one gives a shit. Copyright infringment however is severly punished. Why? Because there's too much money.

I agree with that but that is how justice works, if you are wealthy you can manipulate it, if you are poor then you are subjugated by it.

@duruakant so when someone steals, yes you are stealing, something of your that is less fortunate then you it is OK and they should not be held accountable? That is what you are saying, because someone has less then you it is OK for them to take your stuff without giving you anything for it.

Not exactly.

I am neither rich nor poor. I have enough money to buy albums,cd's and bluray movies. But I am also downloading these contents first. (As I said that, I've a big collection of movies/albums) If I like it, I buy it. If someone is poor and if he doesn't have enough money to buy a bluray movie (a bluray movie is $40-50 in Turkey, if you're lucky) he SHOULD BE ABLE TO WATCH IT FREELY.

Watching movie / listening an album SHOULD NOT be a LUXURY. That's what I am saying.

In these days, lots of book writers complaining about "thievessss, they are downloading my book without paying". WTF ? What's the purpose of the libraries ?
What should be the purpose of a book writer ? Earning money or sharing the knowledge ? I think there must be an EQUALITY between them. If the otherwise, I don't know what to say that kind of people.

I have respect to the holders, but the conditions must be FAIR. I hope that you can understand that.

I cant agree with that becouse if your own Stuff will get Public for the Web then its your Problem to Protect it.If you cant Protect find the Problem by yourself.

WHat i want to say is Justice should Hunt the People that recording Movies in Cinemas or people that crack any Software or People that Doing all things like this.This are the People that Doing the Rela Damage Not The Uploader or Downloader That is Bullshit what some People saying here but maybe you come from usa or anything like that then i understand why you People agree Here!

You Guys living in a Cage!!!

The Uploader is & Downloader is not the Bad Guy.Maybe its not Your Country Justice but my and "THAT is FREEDOM"

My 50 cent

Last but not Least this news are not New i knew this maybe 1-2 weeks later that this will happend becouse he has doing nothing wrong,thats what i sayed Months before on this Forums and a Official Stuff here means its bullshit now we seee whats Bullshit and Whats not!

its like always America is there where the Money is!!!

Last edited:
Piracy is bad, although you can point out some advantages of piracy (increase in popularity, worldwide coverage, free promotion), it doesnt make it good.

Now, about Megaupload, they were only file sharing website, the case against them is highly unjustifiable in my opnion .
Why, because they were just a medium, they themselves didnot upload or shared anything illegal as far as i know.

Look at this perspective - A gun factory sells thousands of guns every month, and people who use those guns, 99% use them for illegal actions (hunting animals, shooting mother in laws ). Now does the gun company should face the legal challenge ?
than why should MU face the court ?

It was the US Government in collaboration with his own countries government who was already seeking to bring him in on charges. lol.

even if they did come back you really think they will be the same as before??
after they see what happened to them they will probably become like mediafire be good for the free user but ban all uploaders account if they upload warez
also forget about FSC coming back they made too much money already and dont want to take many more risk
also paypal will not work with them or any filehost anymore

@examen345

What did you think of which person we talk here huh?!

This Guy is the God of Filehost Services He brings this as first Up and you will see in near Time Which NEW Idea he brings out.

He have much experience with that and most important thing is he have the right Connections to the People that can Do This!

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back