Megaupload Readies for Comeback, Code 90% Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms7

January this year the U.S. Government destroyed Megaupload, but founder Kim Dotcom is a not done with the file-hosting business yet and is preparing to come back with a vengeance. The coding work for the new Megaupload is nearly finished, the servers have been ordered, and investors are lining up. A return of the file-hosting site appears to be looming. With 50 million visitors per day at its peak, Megaupload was one of the largest websites on the Internet.
This quickly changed January this year when the U.S. Government took down the file-hosting service and had several key employees arrested including founder Kim Dotcom.
Abruptly, the focus of Megaupload’s team shifted from serving customers to defending itself in a high-profile criminal prosecution. While the criminal case is moving ahead very slowly, Megaupload’s founder does have some progress to report on another front.
Dotcom previously announced that he planned to bring Megaupload back to life, and new information suggests that this may happen rather quickly. In an update this weekend he tweets that most of the work on the second incarnation of the site is already done.
“Quick update on the new Mega: Code 90% done. Servers on the way. Lawyers, partners and investors are ready,” Dotcom teases.
“Be patient it’s coming,” he adds.
From the brief progress update it’s clear that the site is on schedule for launch later this year. In addition, it’s interesting to note that despite the ongoing criminal case, partners and investors are happy to be involved.
In recent weeks Dotcom has delivered several hints about the new Megaupload, which he says will be bigger and better than the file-hosting service that was taken down.
“We are building a massive global network. All non-US hosters will be able to connect servers & bandwidth,” he explained earlier.
According to Dotcom we can expect a Megaupload with an even greater range of applications than just file-sharing. While developers of file managers are being encouraged to get in touch for early API access, Dotcom is also calling out to those involved in email and fax tools, VOIP and video apps.
It’s clear that Dotcom doesn’t have the slightest urge to throw in the towel.
“They abused the wrong guy. I am going to turn this world upside down. Power to the people. Bye bye Echelon. Hello Freedom,” Dotcom added.
It will be at least a few more weeks before the new Megaupload appears online, but there are exciting times ahead. MEGA exciting.
source: torrentfreak
Code:
http://torrentfreak.com/megaupload-readies-for-comeback-code-90-done-120923/

33 comments
Well if it does not carry the Mega name why do they use it other then to get you to read it?

Kim says it's coming but so is Christmas and he is the only 1 that seems to be breathing heavily.

Sure he made millions and all but you gotta have respect to this man.

He could have easily bowed down to the gov but instead he's fighting and I think at this point, he could definitely win the case.

Megabox will be total revolution though, artists will be able to put their stuff for sale and get 90% of revenue, unlike other alternatives where they get totally ripped off.

shudnt they atleast get their domain megaupload back by now atleast? it still shows notice?

I would not count on that happening for a very long time if ever. The USDOJ may auction it at some point as the do with much of the items they confiscate with criminal charges.

megafat.com :))

Megaplowed.com

It describes him and what will happen to him should he be extradited and his users

Wow.. Great news! Thanks for sharing that with us!
Can't wait for them to come back, I would definitely start using them again.

It's good that MU comes back. I was not a big user of them in the past, but because of them vanishing a lot of hosts vanished.
More competition is always in our advantage.
On top of that I am pro piracy in this case. Copyright breakers are alleged by entertainment companies for theft while they actually steal half of what the artist create themselves. Let us not forget that the loss of copyright infringment is just a few millions a year, while the entertainment industry is running profits into billions.

ZippyShare just banned my IP address and wiped all files uploaded from that IP address yesterday without any reasons. I have never seen a filehost relying on ADs doesn't like inocming traffic like them. I'm happy to see MU comes back so that I can get rid of that kind of crappy file hosts. These file hosts always ban me without providing any DMCA complaints.

^^ you never uploaded illegal files though?
If not, that's well bad news man :(

I cannot say everything is legal, but those files are able to survive in DepositFiles and Hotfile, the two file hosts that always ban users if they got a few DMCA complaints. All links are only shared in closed-door forums and copyrights of those files are not claimed in America and Europe.

Last edited:
Mega Gangs Coming up is Good.. But do you know ppl from USA couldn't use their site. They BAN total USA from there sites.. THANKS TO U.S. GOVT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back