Status
Not open for further replies.

Snikerzz

Looks good for free users. So I'm thinking to try them. But with all this MU drama maybe they also follow fsc, fsv, etc... steps and start delete files, close accounts massively?

23 comments
It awesome of course, always have been number one for free users, alongside rapidshare and megaupload.

Not sure about deleting accounts, but they don't pay uploaders which makes them harder to take down.

i think they are great for backing up all your personal files...

but you should read their TOS.. they dont like illegal copyright files -_-

I use this host exclusively to upload all pc games on my site :)

If u need to share files and u love to upload then this is ur host

Mediafire always randomly deletes your files, and files are sometimes randomly corrupted.
If you don't know how to use QuickPar or ICE ECC, just leave this file host.
WinRAR's recovery record can only help file corruption, but it's unable to handle the case that some parts of an archive are missing.
Yes, WinRAR supports the external recovery record, but you cannot lose any of them.

However, it's very good for sharing legal and small materials.

Only thing I hate about them is that they constantly change something on their site to deliberately break Jdownloader's Medaifire plugin. Mediafire seems to hate all download managers.

They also frequently clean out entire accounts which is bad for uploaders.

I use Mediafire only to backup my some family pics, workplace videos & daily stuff and share them with my knows... All in total there are hardly 3GB of them & I am with them since 2009. Never got any problem.

But post MegaUpload case I almost downloaded 1 GB of them and stored in my personal PC... Don't know if same happens with it and all my data vanishes :whistle: X-|

MediaFire’s Position in the Cloud Storage Market:

Recently there has been extensive media coverage of the United States Government’s shut down of MegaUpload.com which has drawn attention to the entire cloud storage market as a whole. While I can’t speak to the allegations against MegaUpload, I’d like to just take this opportunity to clarify some misconceptions about MediaFire that I’ve seen recently.

We welcome any former MegaUpload users who want to legitimately store, access, and share their data on our cloud storage service. We caution new users to read our Terms of Service carefully and understand that MediaFire takes violations of our Terms of Service very seriously.

MediaFire offers a free, secure, and unlimited cloud storage service for users to upload and share data with their customers, colleagues, friends, and family. MediaFire’s Professional and Business plans offer uploaders additional functionality like company branding tools, analytics tools, and multi-seat employee accounts.

MediaFire’s premium services are based on a user’s ability to upload data and pay to distribute it. This storage and sharing model is similar to Akamai, Amazon S3, YouSendIt, etc. MediaFire has no caps or restrictions for downloading data and each upload is limited to a maximum size of 200MB for non-premium users.

Most importantly, people choose MediaFire because it offers high quality services that are simple to use and extremely powerful. We incorporate the latest HTML5 technologies, the most advanced user interfaces, and are constantly expanding our services with features requested by businesses and professionals. In Q2 2012, MediaFire will redefine how people access and manage their data and how they interact with the cloud by releasing long-in-development desktop and mobile applications that solve problems Microsoft, Dropbox, and Box fail to address.

A little more about MediaFire:

MediaFire was founded in 2006 and is based near Houston, Texas. MediaFire is used by people at 86% of Fortune 500 companies and is currently ranked in the top 100 websites globally by Amazon’s Alexa and Google/DoubleClick’s Ad Planner services.

Thanks again everyone, especially to our fans who we’ve heard loud and clear evangelizing the benefits of our service. It’s easy for us to get caught up in building our technology and services and we haven’t spent enough time espousing our own benefits and differentiators. The cloud is an incredibly convenient and powerful tool for many professionals, businesses and individuals. At MediaFire, we are committed to continuing to innovate on this technology and provide it to our users in new, simple, ethical and cost effective ways.

Tom Langridge – Co-Founder, Corporate Communications

Source

Hi,

Does anybody know whether Mediafire Premium provides fast remote uploads? similar to Wupload RU speed or at least transfer 1GB file within few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back