MediaFire now only offers free accounts with 50GB storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennouji

jfuuu1.jpg

Well, it's been there for a while, but that's what happened. I suspect that this is one of the reasons why many accounts got suspended recently. They could have scanned free accounts with more than 50GB of space used, and struck them, like my account.

Whatever it is, looks like MF have stepped down one stair from being one of the best, if not the best, cloud storage. But IMHO MediaFire is still awesome in its current state, compared to other file hosting. I say that as a free account holder.

41 comments
I love using Mediafire myself, i dont upload warez though, their dropbox uploader is the best though for me for uploading Psds for my clients

Mediafire is targeting legit users now, they dont want anything to do with warez. 50Gb is more than enough storage to backup your important documents.

I upload game mods, hacks, cheats & trainers and they deleted my account after I got 2 complaints. I lost over 700 files (30GB) :x

No, they just delete your entire freakin account.

I had a 1 year pro for 3 months and got disabled.

Opened a new free one and within a few days, it got disabled too, so not gonna waste my time with mediafire anymore.

The 200 MB limitation is also lame and I'm happy to not worry about this restriction anymore.

Moved on to jumbofiles and ultramegabit.

The new rules with only 250 GB for pro and only 1TB for 49/m that's way too expensive.

my account always get banned before i reach 50gb
fuck mediafire not good for warez will ban you fast
even delete legal mp3 files without dmca!!
zippyshare.com 100x better then mediafire with no captcha stuff fast upload and no ban accounts

my account always get banned before i reach 50gb
fuck mediafire not good for warez will ban you fast
even delete legal mp3 files without dmca!!
zippyshare.com 100x better then mediafire with no captcha stuff fast upload and no ban accounts

Can they ban you even if you don't share the files? Because i have 40 gb of content to upload but it's just for me , just a backup .

@examan345 yours might be an isolated case. I never hear accounts getting deleted just like that, unless it's for a violation of ToS. My suspended account got strikes before it was suspended (few hundred of strikes) in a few days.

My account has been banned for 3 months.
I asked them in their support system, listed all items and claimed I didn't violate each one.
They just replied me the reason is excessively copyright materials sharing.
I replied them I never got any DMCA and the strikes they said in their TOS, and the ticket got deleted (or hidden).
Last month, 3 of my friends' backup-only account got banned, too.

They just ban members for fun.

hmm...if pulocker.com doesn't have captcha, maybe it's time to go there.
members in my forums prefer no captcha + no waiting time + unlimited parallel jobs + unlimited resume + free.
the reason why I haven't used putlocker is due to their representative's hardliner attitude when they had affiliate program -- they disabled member's affiliate program arbitrarily due to poor traffic.
although I have never used putlocker, this guy gave me a negative impression (worse than RickyFS & BitShare).

If there are other present file hosting today who offers almost no file expiry like MF, and they're still there after a year, I might go on that host.

hmm...if pulocker.com doesn't have captcha, maybe it's time to go there.
members in my forums prefer no captcha + no waiting time + unlimited parallel jobs + unlimited resume + free.
the reason why I haven't used putlocker is due to their representative's hardliner attitude when they had affiliate program -- they disabled member's affiliate program arbitrarily due to poor traffic.
although I have never used putlocker, this guy gave me a negative impression (worse than RickyFS & BitShare).

what is wrong with putlocker they were probably best host i worked with
also putlocker only have captcha on login and 5 seconds waiting

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

@examan345 yours might be an isolated case. I never hear accounts getting deleted just like that, unless it's for a violation of ToS. My suspended account got strikes before it was suspended (few hundred of strikes) in a few days.

i only had 1 dmca and like 40 gb of rar archives and mp3s
they deleted 2 mp3 files give me 2 strikes and ban
i never shared links for files

what is wrong with putlocker they were probably best host i worked with
also putlocker only have captcha on login and 5 seconds waiting

I cannot remember the exact page, but putting "putlocker poor traffic site:wjunction.com" to Google can still find some arguments about this.
Anyway, that's regarding the affiliate program and now it has gone.

If it's only a login captcha and 5 seconds waiting time, I think it's actually a good host today.
Now I'm using MegaShare. Their representative told me they have a bug causing premium files to be deleted, and they don't want to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back