Status
Not open for further replies.

DLow

Banned
Banned
First off i do not want this to turn into a troll thread, Stay on topic.

I have a HP Pavilion g6
AMD turion p560, Chipset 785GX

I am wanting to turn this into a hackint0sh, I do not have access to a mac computer so several options to make a boot-up usb are not available,

I can try iDeneb 1.6 but id rather have a newer version of OSX to where i can utilize iCloud, iMessage etc.

I have also tried nerish which actually installed, But after the install said something i dont quite remember what it said lol?

Any of you guys have any experience with Mac OSX on an AMD cpu ?

7 comments
Did you use a custom kernel ?

Mac's kernel only supports intel so you have to use a custom kernel

Code:
http://www.osx86.net/view/4028-amd_kernel_for_mountain_lion_10.8.3.html

First off i do not want this to turn into a troll thread, Stay on topic.

I have a HP Pavilion g6
AMD turion p560, Chipset 785GX

I am wanting to turn this into a hackint0sh, I do not have access to a mac computer so several options to make a boot-up usb are not available,

I can try iDeneb 1.6 but id rather have a newer version of OSX to where i can utilize iCloud, iMessage etc.

I have also tried nerish which actually installed, But after the install said something i dont quite remember what it said lol?

Any of you guys have any experience with Mac OSX on an AMD cpu ?
Like other have said, you are going to have a tough go at it with an AMD CPU (more so the AMD chipsets than the CPU itself) as OSX has no support for anything other than Intel and the old G series CPU's.

Have you considered install VMWare Workstation and then install a OSX virtual machine?

VMWare workstation can go full screen, use multiple monitors etc without a hiccup with a OSX virtual machine (I do it all the time) and runs nearly flawlessly. You won't be running games on it, but you wouldn't be doing that on a mac in the first place.

Save the hassle, install windows and then pop in OSX...easy as pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back