Mac or Linux?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
try hackintosh ......:D..............i did that before switching to other os ... if u were able to control mac then buy original .... if not then ubuntu:)

I'm not sure if you already know what you're going to face with the options you posted in the poll. Let me try to summary a few points from my experience.

Mac --> This is like the noob-proof version of Linux cuz many things are like preset or premade etc. This OS is easier to use than Linux but I think there are limits to how much you can customize it too.

Linux --> This is a bit hard. It will challenge you when you want to do something, especially if you came from Windows environment. I wanted to run many Windows apps but there are complications, in the end I found VirtualBox and it solved everything except my gaming experience lolz.

If you want to buy the Mac or have a Mac machine, duh! obviously go with Mac but I think it's kinda weird to try Mac on non Mac machines.

You know what, I think you should download this app on your Windows machine right now. https://www.virtualbox.org/ Then install both Linux (Ubuntu) and Mac on it. That app lets you create a single .VDI file that will contain your OS boot drive and all storage in it, which is pretty neat so it doesn't touch your main Windows system. There you try everything. Then if you still like having just one main OS for a change, decide from there.

I have that app with my Win 7 as main OS and I run several other OS'es simultaneously, instead of just running one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back