Dedicated Looking for a dedi - dual core, 2GB Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolaps

Hi!

I'm looking for a dedi, ideally dual core with 2GB RAM (one GB might be ok if it's really cheap) in Europe or Russia.

Any good host you would recommend / some ideas?

I tought about:

server.lu - but there is setup price
leaseweb.com - sometimes some great deals, but not really safe (temporary solution?)
hostkey.com - have a cheap dual atom, but are they any good?

Any alternatives?

Thanks!

:)

24 comments
Hey, thanks for your reply :)

Well, i'd prefer to stay at less than 50 EUR, that's why i can't go with swedish host - else that would be what i would do...

Totally unmanaged is fine, FreeBSD or Debian...

Any idea/recommendation?

Thx!

With that sort of budget have you perhaps looked into semi-dedicated VPS plans? You could probably get a nice deal with the bonuses such as RAID and the ability to re-install your operating system on the fly. Something you won't be able to do with a dedicated server :)

Kind Regards,
Bret

Hey, thanks for your reply :)

Well, i'd prefer to stay at less than 50 EUR, that's why i can't go with swedish host - else that would be what i would do...

Totally unmanaged is fine, FreeBSD or Debian...

Any idea/recommendation?

Thx!

Who want give u dedi less then 50 EUR?

Hello Kolaps,
Your best bet would be getting a High End VPS if your specifacations/budget is low.
Give me a PM or email me at: Info@GiantNET.net We provide Hybrid VPS solutions which offer great performance along with being under your budget of €50 :)il

You also get great options such as:
- Instant reboots
- On the fly OS reloads (Which distros to choose from)
- Easy to manage VPS control panel
- Ability to check recent statistics regarding ram,cpu & bandwidth usage.

Regards.

Who want give u dedi less then 50 EUR?

Well, server.lu would, leaseweb & hostkey too...

Might be fine to start with, and move to a better host when I'll have more traffic...
But i was wondering if there are other hosts that offer dedicated in that kind of price.. There are in germany/france/usa but i'd prefer to avoid these countries...

Leaseweb or Ecatel would be your best bet

Yeahg, probablyµ... Altough i did contact Ecatel and they had no cheap servers at the time. Well, 1 more powerfull server & sharing it with another personn could be interesting too..

But leaseweb often have servers with my specs @ 39 eur..

Storming & Bret: thanks for your reply.
Will see what would be possible with a good VPS, but security wise i'd prefer to be on a real dedi... might change my mind though :)

Servedome.com

CPU
Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93 Ghz (Dual Core)
RAM
2048 MB DDR3
Hard Drive
250 GB 7200 RPM SATA II
Network Connection
100 Mbps
Data Transfer
2000 GB
Price
$94.99 USD Per Month

or i can rent you

Disk Space 250 GB
Data Transfer 1TB
3GB RAM
4.5GB Burstable RAM
2304 MB Network connection
1 Gbps
Price
$15.99 USD Per Month

I don't know what your planning to host on it, but if it's legal you could take a look at Hetzner. They have very cheap dedi's but if they get a DMCA complaint they will null route your IP very easily!

I don't know what your planning to host on it, but if it's legal you could take a look at Hetzner. They have very cheap dedi's but if they get a DMCA complaint they will null route your IP very easily!

Yeah, they are pretty cheap and seem to be of good quality but i would have prefered something more dcma safe. Well, i've seen that they host onebigtorrent and a few other torrent sites but well..

Servedome.com

Will check them out, thanks!

we also have a Vps i can rent you

Disk Space 250 GB
Data Transfer 1TB
3GB RAM
4.5GB Burstable RAM
2304 MB Network connection
1 Gbps

Price
$15.99 USD Per Month

I recommend you a highend VPS since an Atom isn't powerfull. Check our virtual servers here:
http://motionite.com/servers.html

You will get true dedicated ram and burstable ram. Equal share Xeon Quadcore. Unmanaged and 2 IP's.

The best feature is that the private dc ignores DMCA. I never got a complain.

No, we have a private co-location in Elion DC Estonia. Servers are too expensive to make profit for us. However, our VPS are powerful it will feel like a dedi :P

Hi,
You won't notice any difference from a VPS due to the fact you get dedicated RAM (Also a Burst Allowance) Dedicated CPU & Cores.
The only thing you would notice the difference with is if someone was over selling there services to gain more profit (Typicaly someone that offers a cheap price like $15.99) for something that has fairly high specifacations.

Also I forgot to mention in my previous reply, We use Quad Xeon servers, with 1GBPS ports which are located in The Netherlands.

If you wan't to talk more personaly feel free to send an email to: info@giantnet.net either myself or someone else will be able to help you :)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back