Status
Not open for further replies.

WebMonster

I need some to configure and optimize the apache server some security and so on.

I have one site hosted on the server which is running fine apart from every ip is the server ip since installing mod_cloudflare.

anyway i just wana hand it over to a pro now and get it fixed so i can open my forum .

Please dont PM me if you are still on probation or are not known on WJ

16 comments
I honestly dont know if tht is what's causing all user ip's to basically be the servers main ip . the mod_cloudflare install went fine, i installed it almost 24 hours ago. this issue only started like 6 hours ago

I honestly dont know if tht is what's causing all user ip's to basically be the servers main ip . the mod_cloudflare install went fine, i installed it almost 24 hours ago. this issue only started like 6 hours ago

Post an access log from apache and we can prolly see what went wrong.

The main disadvantage of Cloudflare is that all your users will be accessing the site via Cloudserve servers. That means that all the user IPs will be Cloudflare IPs.

The file is prety big, should i upload it to mediafire ?

That, or use sFTP, then put it on a host of your choice.
The log will never be big if its compressed (even if its ~2gb decompressed, it should turn out about 100-200mb zipped, sometimes less).

Make sure you have ZIP installed (for centOS the command is "yum install zip")

The last 2 and a half days.

Thanks for the help so far

http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/89975330/file.html

I uninstalled Nginx so now at least the cloudflare ip's show up instead of the main server ip.

But i cant get the reverse proxy function in vBulletin 4.2.0 to work.

It used to be so easy in earlier versions of vBuletin to reverse the cloudflare ip's now instead of makin it easier VBulletin made it harder for reverse proxy function to work.

Last edited:
Actually if you were using nginx you would need the nginx module installed. After that you'd also need to edit vbulletin's code to use X-Real-IP or whatever custom IP header you are using in nginx instead of just REMOTE_ADDR.

Then you probably did it wrong although with cloudflare you wouldn't benefit much from having nginx as the front end. Varnish would be a better option :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back