Link Checker & File Preview service - rsPreview.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SplitIce

Rapidshare Preview & Link Checker

What are we? We are a site that allows you to post "previews" of your files hosted at rapidshare for your users. These are generated on the fly from your rapidshare links and then cached on our servers.

We also provide a link checker that works on all forums and sites. We are currently making plugins for everything so if you need one PM me and Ill see what I can do.

Example:
RAR file preview

MP3 preview
imgg.php

Generic Preview (all non suppported filetypes)
imgg.php

What filetypes do we support?

• Audio (.mp3)
  • Archives (.rar,.zip) --including multipart rar.
  • Image (.gif)
  • Video (.avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4)
  • More support comming real soon
Features?

• Virus scanning
  • Automatic mirroring of archive contents, e.g individual MP3 files or Videos.
  • RAR & Zip support
  • MP3 Streaming
  • Backup mirroring for some files
  • Video Thumbnailing
  • Unrar a rar file and stream the MP3's contained inside (Demo: here) (Single file RAR only)
Features comming in the comming week:

• Video support inside rar files
  • Video support inside hjsplit files
  • Video support inside multipart-rar files

What can you do with this?

• Add our images and links to your uploads.
  • Add support to your sites with our bbcode mods (Comming Soon)
  • We would love to know any other things you are doing with this, we can add it to the list :P

What do we want?

Ideas, praise, anything. Reply in this thread and tell us.

Link checker plugins:
vBulliten 3.8.x: Install guide for vBulliten - Hawk Mod - Only show in some forums
phpBB3: Download - View Online
Wordpress addon:Download

General Instructions: View Online

All files checked by the linkchecker are also added to this: http://www.wjunction.com/showthread.php?p=108546#post108546

46 comments
Never seen anything like this before, never really looked either.

Sounds interesting. I'll give it a try when I get the free time.

Nice idea, I'd be interested in using a service like this for myself & my uploaders. I sent you a pm about beta testing/providing feedback.

Ok 2 beta testers accepted. Want to know the way you would like the screenshot feature to work.

Method 1:
Download all parts of the rar file, extract (and insert password if necessary), generate screencaps.

Screencaps would be of the whole movie and have the movie details at the top

Method 2
Just download the first part, screencaps would just be of the movie contained in the first part and the details of the whole movie.

Method 2 is easier on the server, though I want your views.

Having full screenshot would be much better or u can also give the second method for guests and the first method for donators or registered users

Hmm thats an interesting idea, I didnt really think of donators. I was thinking of adding registration then making everyone use their own rs account though lol.

Thanks for your input.

Yea that will be great idea too when it gets famous and many people start using it then it will require more rs accounts so it will be better if people use their own account..

Yeah and bandwidth. Its a challenge but I couldnt let an idea like this just go by.

Still looking for feature suggestions, Ill most likely have basic AVI screencapping done by sat/sun.

^ you'll need AVI, MP4 & MKV screencap support for a minimum.
have you thought about using the RS API at all?
maybe add a virus checker like scanner.novirusthanks.com for files below 20MB? (if that is possible) and have a checkbox with - Scan for viruses? [y/n]

i suggest keeping it user-friendly and not adding too many useless features.. the concept is good - don't ruin it by making it over-complicated. or, leave the extra features for contributors/VIP users..

how about a music player
btw fucking amazing idea!
i was thinking maybe u could contact admin of warez boards to help pitch in but then someone would try and steal the idea

wtf this is fucking amazing a vbulletin plugin would be nice hit me up to help :)
If you want to make a vbulliten plugin make it, pm it to me and I will review and then add it as our official one.

how about a music player
btw fucking amazing idea!
i was thinking maybe u could contact admin of warez boards to help pitch in but then someone would try and steal the idea
We have a music player, I cant link to it easily because of wj's word filter but here is a link cloaked link
http://vilasta.com/?onYI1cVa
It only works if you upload the mp3 file directly to rapidshare at the moment, in the near future I will also extract single file rar acrhives looking for MP3's.

And thanks for the praise. Today I am working mostly on AVI file support (single file only, not compressed in rar's yet), this is perfect for music videos etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back