Status
Not open for further replies.

BlaZe

Veteran
C9aE9UC.png

I had this crazy idea from a long time to collect all the file host buttons and put them at one place.

It will be helpful to everyone.

The website http://fhbtn.com is under construction. I still have to add all the buttons.

What I want is that you people to help me out in collecting the buttons. Since I'm least updated with all the new coming filehosts and the dead ones.

What you'll get ? Just your name on the About page as a part of appreciation :)

You can PM me, reply here or do whatever. Let's get this website started ! :)

Last edited:
9 comments
Woah. That's a crazy idea man. How did you find scope for this? :P
Do you really have lots of free time? (If yes, let me know. I have a few domains with good ideas. Lets get them started) .

@iAmjDjMAD, idk I just had this idea from a very long time :p so I built it today xD

@Froomple, haha :p
Sure, send me a list, we can figure something out.

Not sure if you guys are interested, but I have been working with kEvin_Df who has his own awesome "My File Hostings Buttons" thread for the last few weeks or so. I put his images out on one of my dedicated servers.

To keep it easily up to date I even wrote a script that is executed every hour by Cron to re-generate an HTML file with all the images displayed + a single download link for them all. Since he rolls out new download button images every few days this makes it easy for us to keep up to date.

Here is the link: http://downloads.fileguide.org/FileHostIcons

Not sure if you want to reach out to him on this project as hes got a pretty good collection already in place...

Also I'd be willing to help if you need an automated script to slap something like this together.

@Baraka,
Nah its manual. No script :p I'm adding the buttons manually.

@Eddie Johnson, Well if you can come up with something good then go ahead :D the community will love it. I'll add those buttons too ;)

@Baraka,
Nah its manual. No script :p I'm adding the buttons manually.

@Eddie Johnson, Well if you can come up with something good then go ahead :D the community will love it. I'll add those buttons too ;)

Right now all I have is just a dump of all the images on one page, but it would be much nicer to have them paginated some how.

Do you plan on using a CMS like Wordpress or Drupal to build this site, or you just gonna build it from scratch?

I would suggest you add 'Upload to Imgur' or something to all the images so people don't hotlink from your site, else, your BW would be messed.

Right now all I have is just a dump of all the images on one page, but it would be much nicer to have them paginated some how.

Do you plan on using a CMS like Wordpress or Drupal to build this site, or you just gonna build it from scratch?

Currently haven't planned for any CMS. Just a plain static HTML website. I will manually add pages arranging them alphabetically.

I would suggest you add 'Upload to Imgur' or something to all the images so people don't hotlink from your site, else, your BW would be messed.

The images are currently uploaded to imgur, but I don't want all of them to be linked from my account as my account would get suspended due to high bandwidth usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back