Status
Not open for further replies.

navidos

Banned
Banned
Hi
I would like to launch a Web Hosting Business with around 10k$ .
Which step I should pass ?
I have a data center in my city in Sweden and as you know Sweden has a
wide Bandwidth .
I want to know also about renting a place into data center ,how much price is regularly ?
Totally if I focus on it and develop it through the process ,Is it profitable ?
At the first steps I don want to earn huge money ;)

5 comments
If you find your niche you will get alot of customers.
for pricing etc, i would contact your local datacenter asking about prices for racks etc, if you like then start to purchase some servers.
Or you could go the cheaper route and rent a server from them?

You can easily start out with a budget of $10k, the most important thing is branding, get a very good attractive/professional domain name and website design(Hire a pro).
Most major data centers will require that you order 10+ servers with a contract, so if you are unsure about leaping into this business I recommend getting 2-4 servers through someone like WorldStream.nl so that you aren't losing that much money if things end up not going well.
If your business does end up going well you can always expand to more servers in a larger data center.

I don't want to spoil the fun, but you should really think about it. Web hosting is really competitive business with many large and experienced players. Can you offer something ( price, quality, support ) that others don't already offer? Can you find a niche, that will give you clients?
It's really not an easy piece of buisness - you might want to allocate that 10k$ somewhere else...

So if it possible I would like to know some detail ..
For example to have 200 customer with this spec haw much money should I spend with which type of severs or how many server ???

20GB Web Space
50 GB/month Bandwidth
100 SubDomains
20 MySql Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back