Negative LaseWeb before buying (Chat very bad answers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jure12

I leave you copy / paste from chat

You are now chatting with g.davelaar
g.davelaar: Good afternoon, welcome to LeaseWeb live sales chat how can I help?
Sten: Hello

Sten: I have a question

Sten: I wanted to buy VPS "Virtual Server - S"

Sten: can you give me a one day trial period to see how it works ? If it works perfectly I would remain with you
Sten: Is it possible ?

g.davelaar: Let me check for you.
Sten: ok

g.davelaar: Unfortunately, that is not possible.
Sten: I had a bad experience before

Sten: why ?

Sten: to 4 hours only?

g.davelaar: We don't offer that, I cannot give you another reason. I'm sorry
Sten: My datebase is large and I do not know whether he could work on that VPS

Sten: thets my problem

g.davelaar: I understand, we do have a contract period of one month if that helps?
Sten: in what way?

g.davelaar: Well then you dont have a long contract period and gives you enough time to try our services.
Sten: if you grant money back ?

Sten: 7 days money back ?

g.davelaar: What do you mean?
Sten: if I am not satisfied that you return my
money

Sten: if I am not satisfied with your service

Sten: 7 days

g.davelaar: You pay for the time you used.
Sten: You did not understand me

Sten: I will try to explain again

g.davelaar: Sir I do understand you but we don't offer such a thing as a trial.
g.davelaar: therefor you pay for the time that you have the server.
Sten: I buy a VPS for 1 month and let's say that after three days for example I am not satisfied with the speed of a VPS can you return my money ?

g.davelaar: Meaning that there is no not satisfied money back policy.
Sten: means not exist 4 hours trial period and not exist "money back" ?

Sten: otherwise all are giving it today

Sten: hello

g.davelaar: We do not give trials.
g.davelaar: If you want to try it out, you need to pay.
Sten: ok but "money back" if i not satisfied ?

g.davelaar: Then you can stop your contract of month.
g.davelaar: However, we don't give refunds.
g.davelaar: Do you have any other question I can help you with?
Sten: oh my god, so how I know that your service should be good ?

Sten: means the risk to buy?

Sten:: I am a serious buyer who wants to know what purchases

Sten: I do not want to buy "pig in a poke"

Sten: someone is online ?

g.davelaar: I am, however I told you our policies. You can do a 1 month contract to try it out.

18 comments
Start by spelling "LeaseWeb" correctly.

Second, understand they don't have a refund policy. You don't like it? Don't use them. LeaseWeb doesn't need to deal with you, they aren't desperate for money.

I don't understand why people think that if their standards aren't met, the company is automatically wrong. Companies aren't democracies, they can do as they wish.

Last edited:
lol they call it money back policy and then they tell you u have to pay for x amount of days u used...
haha-haha.jpg

Companies have the perfect right to do what they want.

Their policies are mentioned, if they dont like them there are 1000's of other host that will work for you.
Why the fuss ? and why is this even a -ve feedback ?
It's good they didnt hide their policy, else they could have also not told you about their policies and then just refused to refund based on the ToS mentioned on the site.

Some companies offer refunds, some dont.

No decent company will offer a free trial, why?

because that allows you to spam of their network. They were reasonable, they offered you a pro-rota'd refund. Meaning, if you had the server for one day, you would get a 29 day refund.

I personally dont give out free trials. If a customer is interested, i offer them the first month for something like a $1.

What's wrong in this chat?
If they don't have the money back policy then how can a staff gives you that?
This guy is oversmart.............................
Leaseweb is one of the best provider in the world.
If you already decide that you are definitely not satisfied before you buying then don't waste their time.
Because they need to answers lots of visitors on chat.
We faced lots of guys like this.
Please decide your desire product fist then join chat with a host.

Last edited:
Some companies offer refunds, some dont.

No decent company will offer a free trial, why?

because that allows you to spam of their network. They were reasonable, they offered you a pro-rota'd refund. Meaning, if you had the server for one day, you would get a 29 day refund.

I personally dont give out free trials. If a customer is interested, i offer them the first month for something like a $1.
That's practically a free trial...

I used them for 2 years and my site was down for maybe 10 hours total over that time period.But they screwed up my renewel date 2 years in a row and shut me down a month before my payment was due both times.The first time I contacted them and they fixed their mistake no problem.The next year however was a different story.
I was getting nowhere with the first person and got handed off to someone else who not only wasn't fixing the problem but wouldn't even discuss it with me until I gave them the email I used when I opened my account.Just one problem with that, I was using the email I used to open the account.
I was told they sent me emails reminding me my payment was due.
I don't know where they sent them but it sure as hell wasn't to me.
In an effort to prove they somehow screwed up my email address I sent them a copy of every email they ever sent me.That included the first ones they sent giving me my passwords and stuff when I first opened the account.Along with the ones from the year before when they made the same damn mistake.
But by that point it didn't matter if they believed me or not because as mad as I was I sure as hell wasn't going to continue to do buisness with them.

The guy has to follow company policy especially in such a big organisation such as leaseweb. If you sign up for 1 month and you find after 3 days that the VPS you bought is to small for the database that you wish to host, im sure they will let you upgrade and you can just pay the difference. That is different to them offering a full refund.

negative review just for sales because it is not as per your wish. Strange. What will happen if he buy service and unfortunately service goes down for a couple of minutes. :D :D I don't want to imagine :p
May be he thought leaseweb as a small hosting provider company ...

To OP : Bro, we all are not against you or in support of leaseweb. You just learn to respect policies of company and if you don't like a company policy, simply don't buy from them. Try some other provider whose policy can handle your requirements.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back