Premium KnownSRV.com - Virtual Private Servers from $20/mo! (Europe)

Kruno

Corporate Membership
KnownSRV offers top-notch VPS packages that are generous in both space and bandwidth. We guarantee trouble free service and peace of minds for hosting your websites. We utilize the latest virtualisation technology to give you the power to fully customise your own environment.

Why Us?
- Fast and stable network
- Secure servers
- Privacy guaranteed!
- 99.9% uptime
- 24/7/365 e-mail support
- Our own RIPE approved IP ranges
- Quality server grade hardware
- RIPE LIR
- Competitive pricing
- No overselling
- Realistic package specifications vs price
- Unlimited OS Reinstalls
- Full root access
- SolusVM Control Panel to manage your VPS(reboot, reinstall, console access etc)
- Custom rDNS
- TUN/TAP/PPP supported
- 7 day money-back guarantee

Our Hardware and Network
We use only server grade HP-branded hardware. Our servers run on Intel E3-1240 and 4x SAS 15k RPM drives in hardware RAID10(with BBU!) which guarantees fantastic performance and data integrity. Our network contains only the best connections available. The network is fully built from redundant enterprise Cisco, Juniper and Brocade network equipment which allows us to guarantee 99.9% uptime.

Transit
AS3257 (TiNET / GTT)
AS2914 (NTT)
AS6461 (Zayo)
AS6762 (Seabone)
AS9031 (EDPnet)
AS174 (Cogent)
AS33926 (Kaia Global)
Internet Exchanges
AMS-IX
NL-IX
Multiple private peers

Why make the move to KnownSRV Solutions?
Great pricing - We may not be the cheapest, but our prices are extremely reasonable, just remember that quality comes at a price, and we provide it at affordable prices.

Security/Efficiency - Problems can occur at any time, some of which cannot be helped, but we here at KnownSRV have systems in place to detect the most common problems before they even occur, and put that together with our highly dedicated experienced staff and we are able to provide secure, efficient services.

Dedication to our customers - We value every one of our customers, without customers we wouldn't have a successful business like we do today, which is why we provide our full dedication and focus towards our customers, to ensure that they are taken care of and are given the best service possible.

No Prism, no Patriot Act
Your security and privacy are our top priorities. We have both technical and legal systems in place which allow us to protect your business and privacy. We respect net neutrality and freedom of speech. We will not suspend your site only because someone doesn't like your content or has a personal beef with you.

Managed Services
KnownSRV is a well known managed provider. While we manage your servers free of charge, the service also includes custom server setups such as full security, installing nginx or Varnish in front of Apache for serving/caching static content in order to improve your loading speeds / performance. Need your server perfectly secured or/and optimizated for heavy traffic sites? No worries!

VPS Packages
Please take a look at our VPS packages and addons at:
KnownSRV | Secure, Quality, and Fast Hosting Solutions

Supported Payment Methods:
We currently accept PayPal, Skrill, PayZa, WebMoney, BitCoins, PerfectMoney. If you do not have any of the payment methods mentioned, feel free to contact us to find out if any other method can be arranged.

Discounts!
We prepared amazing discounts which will be valid 2 months from now. There won't be a better time to get a service from KnownSRV.
wjunction - 50% off first month on all shared hosting / VPS services.
10off - 10% reccuring/lifetime discount on all shared hosting / VPS services

We hope you will consider buying from us. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Many Thanks
KnownSRV LTD

Last edited:
1,457 comments
While we don't have SSD, all of our Nodes have minimum 4x SAS 15k RPM drives in h/w RAID10(with BBU) which is extremely fast and reliable. Our clients don't have issues with running I/O intensive stuff on this setup.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, much appreciated :)

Both of my web servers hosted by KnownSRV went offline at 7:03 PM EST, its now 7:36PM EST and they're still 100% down (its not just me).

Unplanned downtimes like this are inexcusable.

Also I'm not interested in listening to another hosting provider lie about being dDoS'd, I'm not a fool and that lie doesn't work with me.

Both of my web servers hosted by KnownSRV went offline at 7:03 PM EST, its now 7:36PM EST and they're still 100% down (its not just me).

Also I'm not interested in listening to another hosting provider lie about being dDoS'd, I'm not a fool and that lie doesn't work with me.

OK its back online again, 45 minutes in down time experienced.

Last edited:

Just got home after being out for several hours doing some holiday shopping to find my site is down once again.

I'm able to ping it but when I try to SSH it doesn't complete a connection which I've only seen before when a host sells too many VPS for a server which results in network link and/or disk I/O to reach 100% saturation.

Who knows how long my site has been down for this time, but either way for shit like this to happen twice inside of two weeks isn't acceptable. If your data center comes back with another DoS lie then my suggestion is for you to find a new data-center.

I operate two dedicated servers hosted from BalticServers (represented on this forum as well) specifically for seeding private BitTorrents and I haven't had a single issue like this in six months now, so you might want to look into using them as their prices are good and their servers aren't improperly setup/configured/monitored like the ones you are leasing... :\

Just got home after being out for several hours doing some holiday shopping to find my site is down once again.

I'm able to ping it but when I try to SSH it doesn't complete a connection which I've only seen before when a host sells too many VPS for a server which results in network link and/or disk I/O to reach 100% saturation.

Who knows how long my site has been down for this time, but either way for shit like this to happen twice inside of two weeks isn't acceptable. If your data center comes back with another DoS lie then my suggestion is for you to find a new data-center.

I operate two dedicated servers hosted from BalticServers (represented on this forum as well) specifically for seeding private BitTorrents and I haven't had a single issue like this in six months now, so you might want to look into using them as their prices are good and their servers aren't improperly setup/configured/monitored like the ones you are leasing... :\

After about 20 minutes the SSH connection established and I was able to quickly pinpoint that the VM's disk I/O is 100% saturated. This VM is running a standard LAMP stack so I'm trying to stop those services but I'm 99.999% sure that its something going on with the host server that is causing my VM to report 100% disk I/O usage b/c LAMP stacks don't use 100% of a VM's disk I/O all on their own....

After about 20 minutes the SSH connection established and I was able to quickly pinpoint that the VM's disk I/O is 100% saturated. This VM is running a standard LAMP stack so I'm trying to stop those services but I'm 99.999% sure that its something going on with the host server that is causing my VM to report 100% disk I/O usage b/c LAMP stacks don't use 100% of a VM's disk I/O all on their own....

OK, 100% sure now its the host server. After stopping apache2, mysql, & varnish I was able to install iotop on my VPS and I'm reporting all processes are using 0% disk I/O.

I'm going to try and find a new hosting provider so that I can RSync my data off this POS and have my server hosted from a reliable host.

Last edited:
Hello,

Plain and simple, please open a support ticket if you need help.

Quick tl;dr answers:
- Your VPS is the ONLY on this Node besides internal backup VPS which does NOT run at 7am which is time you posted here.
- If you stopped your services and I/O went to normal then, there is something wrong with one of your services(likely misconfigured Varnish or your VPS swapping?). There is no way we can know without your support ticket and login details.
- It's almost 2014 and DDoS happens cheaper and easier than ever, unfortunately. We deal and filter it on weekly basis. Our upstream did a great in this case given the attack size(150Gbit).
- Our hardware Nodes are monitored by both Pingdom and Observium. The datacenter doesn't monitor our servers, they provide space, bandwidth and power.

To conclude, there was absolutely *NO* issues on our end at this time. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. I'm sure your I/O issue can be sorted out easily if you ask our support for help. They are always pleased to assist.

WJ isn't our support channel and our staff isn't registered here. You know where our helpdesk is, so please use it instead :)

Thanks
Kind Regards
Kruno

Last edited:
The XenForo Proplem still exists? I had a Webspace + VPS some time ago with you, and i installed XenForo, but it took a long time (30 Minutes) until I had it installed. Normal is 3-4 Minutes. It always stucked at Creating Phrases. And then, when i tied to install or remove a Addon/Mod, it tooks me again a long time, sometimes it doesn`t work either.

So, is this Proplem with XenForo fixed, or not? Or could you give me Demo Account for 30 Minutes for testing?

Last edited:
@Kruno

I really dont know what you have done, but the XenForo Bug is fixed. I only have the VPS-v0 with 256 + 256 Ram, but thats enough for me. To Support you, i will open a Ticket now. And i will pay my VPS for the whole Year in advance.

KnownSRV = best "Scene Provider"! :O)

Thank you everyone for the kind words. It is much appreciated.

So far, the problem in supporting the slow :facepalm:

Just say ........There is no issues on our end.:wacko:

That is correct. There is no issues on our end at this time.

Support isn't slow, you just happened to submit a LOW priority ticket at 2AM CET.

My VPS and that runs my primary webserver has been down for 2 hours now.

Disk I/O was pegged at 100% for no apparent reason. I stopped the webserver processes and it was still pegged. I rebooted the server and I'm no longer able to SSH into it because it times out. I am however able to ping it.

I think the VPSs being are being oversold on this host, that's the only reason I've ever had this trouble with other VPS hosting companies in my experience.

Last week I moved one of my webservers off this host to a more reliable hosting provider, I'm just waiting for them to get some more IP addresses before I can move this last webserver elsewhere, I really wish they'd hurry up or even better if this host were to get their act together :\

For the third time, open a support ticket if you have issues. I do not plan to discuss this publicly with you any further.

This is a KVM VPS with 12x 2TB SATA2 drives in h/w RAID10. Your VPS uses the most resources on the Node, other VPS are backups and they idle 99% of time. The issue with your VPS are spoofed syn floods towards your IP address which we are mitigating for you.

Back