Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse

There has been some nice rules added. Just a few suggestions here for web hosts

The only place to talk about your host should be in your own advertising thread, so:
- may not advertise/mention/recommended your your services in any thread other then an advertising thread regardless if people are asking for a hosting plan that you fit
- may not direct others to contact you even if they started a thread looking for a web host
- may not talk about future big plans, updates, upgrades, ect outside your advertising thread
- may not post your URL outside your advertising thread
- one advertising thread per week. If you post a reply, it should not bump it to the top. This might be a option you need to turn on. I don't know. I do not use forum scripts

Just an idea.

Last edited:
34 comments
You got some great points,would like to see these implimented myself as well.Would def cut down on the amount of spam we see in threads all over WJ

agreed , even i spammed my host in a lot of other threads, but lets be honest it will improve the hosting advertising section and it will make WJ more professional for sure. lets see staff decision about this.

I agree, When a user makes a topic IE "Looking for Webhost"

if you spam your company say
(here check mine out im a 12 yr old runing a hosting company)

That should be an infraction, Web host should only be allowed to suggest other companies upon the board.

nuff said

I strangely agree with the above.

I also think that members of staff on the forums should not be made mod's if they own, operate or work at a hosting company, as they are using their powers as an unfair advantage (i.e removing posts, threads, e.t.c)

which may not be viable to some suers, however as an active user, posts with negative comments "go missing or vanish"

Agreed with all except the last one. Bumping a thread once in a while should be allowed, but excessive bumping shouldn't. e.g. users shouldnt bump their topics on the daily.

I also think that members of staff on the forums should not be made mod's if they own, operate or work at a hosting company, as they are using their powers as an unfair advantage (i.e removing posts, threads, e.t.c)

which may not be viable to some suers, however as an active user, posts with negative comments "go missing or vanish"
Agreed but not for the same reasons... Mods usually get more respect from members cause of their "higher status" and that just gives mods and unfair advantage cause members tend to do what they say. Also, some idiots will try to suck it up by buying their hosting.

I like this one, but for the reason that a lot of users here do not use their heads. They see a mod or a respected member and assume they are great.

As far as I know, you can't become a Staff member now if you own a Web Hosting Company or if you work for one. So you guys don't have to be worried about that. :)

Lokiloki works for wrzhost but is a MOD.

And there have been a lot of mods in the past which have but if this has changed recently maybe he has slipped through the net?

ACE is kinda different story, and lokiloki never said anything about that neither he deleted/trashed any thread in WRZHost favor, so exception can be made for him as he's highly trusted.

Rules are rules

there shouldn't be exceptions for one and none for another member. but that's just my view

I doubt anything will be done rule wise anywho.

Come on Nick, I'm sure you do understand this. There is a difference, if lokiloki isn't supposed to be trusted. He wouldn't get his position in the first place, and exception can be made for those who are trusted. That's just how it is, everywhere. Especially in the real life.

Agree to the suggestions, except the part where filehosts won't be able to reply in "looking for hosting" threads.

In some cases, like in a thread i made, i wanted webhosts to reply. Sure, infract them if they just go in and reply with their link without even reading the topic. But in some cases, input is needed by those people.

Great suggestions. I'd also like to suggest something:

- False advertising shouldn't be allowed. You can't say you have RAID-10 while you have RAID-1 or you don't have RAID at all.
- Resellers should let the potential customers they are resellers instead of lying they own multiple servers just to boost the sales.
- Mods shouldn't be deleting negative posts / reviews only because they are hosted by that hosting provider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back