Status
Not open for further replies.

markson

beware of this company proper scam

i paid for a vps and after 1day they have now limit my speed to dial up speed and only 15gb download used

they said im using dos flood attack

i said how can i use dos flood if im hosting a website and now still no reply and still on dial up download speed

so anyone thinking of theses you been warned not to they will make every excuse to slow your speed down

also support seems to be only 1 person

why should I after fix it only thing installed was kloxo and files and I did the same with old provider and never had this issue

so now I after find a good provider that not going to rip me off
jax9hf.png

Last edited:
8 comments
marson, have you check your vps properly ? It may be hacked or compromised and might be used for any abusive purpose without your consent ? It might be possible that your host have received any complaint and they took this action on behalf of that complaint.

Try to contact your provider and ask them how to got to conclusion that your VPS is sending DDoS Flood.
If its a was really DoS flood, no company will allow that. If not, there are many more method to scam you instead of just downgrading your vps port. Think about it.

Prior to posting on public forums, its better to try to cooperate with your host and get the issue resolved.

bro, they have just downgraded his port temporarily.
Check the screenshot, it says : Please check and fix and tell us when fixed.

The host is taken this action temporarily and already willing to coperate with client. We should discourage such clients who just dont cooperate and then call everyone scam on public forums.

I understand that the client have suffered but its not always host's fault especially when their action is temporary and they are already willing to cooperate.

well it strange because I was with a different provider and I had same setup and never had any issues

but since I moved with theses I get him saying I sending dos flood without showing evidence if I was why don't he check himself

because if I was then I would of been suspended even on every other host

I am maxing out the 512mb im given due to I get a lot of people visiting the site and downloading

maybe that why he thinks im dos sending is due to maxing out ram but what I don't understand is why should it bother him if im only allowed 512mb which is mine to use unless hes overselling

also he still not replyed I asked him to turn speed back on and I move elsewhere and no reply

Last edited:
You should sort this out before calling a whole 'company' scam. Limiting port speed isn't really scam. If they really wanted to scam they would do it better.

9 of the 10 times it's the customers fault. That's a fact.

well it strange because I was with a different provider and I had same setup and never had any issues

but since I moved with theses I get him saying I sending dos flood without showing evidence if I was why don't he check himself

I am maxing out the 512mb im given due to I get a lot of people visiting the site and downloading

maybe that why he thinks im dos sending is due to maxing out ram but what I don't understand is why should it bother him if im only allowed 512mb which is mine to use unless hes overselling

also he still not replyed I asked him to turn speed back on and I move elsewhere and no reply

512 mb seems too less, especially when you're maxing out the ram.
Get atleast 1gig ram, bro.

Also, ask your provider how they come to the conclusion that you are sending DoS flood.

They may have received any complaint or may found any unusual activity on your VPS. They should have some grounds to say your VPS is performing DDoS.
A tcpdump log from server will be enough.

Also, Tell them that you will cooperate to resolve the issue and ask them to restore the port speed as soon as possible. Be cooperative and the issue will be resolved faster and good for both parties.

Also, ask them if they can make a partial refund for remaining days if possible.

Last edited:

Is it exactly the same? Who is currently managing your server yourself or the hosting company themselves at this time?

Would also advice you to read your hosting company's terms of service which you accepted during the ordering process.

Every hosting providers terms of service should mention something regarding this...

The hosting company just have 2 choices:

- Keep running such vps's, and ignore the other clients on the server which are probably complaining about the average network speeds.
- Keep the other clients on the main server happy & solve the cause of the problem, For example by doing such limitations

Now when currently looking through this from my point of view, probably most of the competition will agree with me on this and thats option 2 for sure.

If you currently have a lot of people visiting/downloading from your site, you should definitely start considering possible upgrades.

After reading every reply in the topic i can see the hosting company is at least willing to corporate with you in a polite way, they just limited your bandwidth limit & network speeds. So you should be happy they did not cancel/suspend/terminate it without a chance of refund.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back