Status
Not open for further replies.

Neokenzo

I have ordered a server from WS and so far I havent been impressed at all. I am not happy with their service.

I ordered my server on Thursday. Paid in full with paypal. Once I sent payment, I didnt get anything from them at all. So I waited 24 hours.

On Friday I email them asking whether they had received my payment since there hasnt been any word and paypal clears immediately. After like 6-7 hours I got a reply saying yes they have received the payment and my server will be online soon. It took another 4-5 hours before I got the detail.

By the time it I got the details, it was Saturday. I realised that there was no remote reboot eventhough I opted for it and I forgot to opt for cPanel. Email them again and ask for cPanel and remote reboot. Got an answer after 6-7 hours saying they will send an invoice for cpanel and they forgot to do the remote reboot. They ask me whether they can turn the server offline for a while to do this. I replied ok. Not heard anything after that.

Its Sunday now, since I havent heard anything, I tried logging in to customerpanel. There I saw the invoice for cpanel. They didnt email me to tell me the invoice was ready. I paid them, they actually charge me for the paypal charge that they received. Whatever, I just want to get started with the server. Still no remote reboot. Email them again regarding it. Got a reply after 5-6 hours saying that they forgot again, they are going to do it now, wait for a while.

Now its Monday, still no reply regarding remote reboot. Still no remote reboot. I've sent them an email this morning, its almost 8 hours now and still no reply.

I was with vpsfactory before this and they were quite good in terms of fast reply and fast action. I am worried now if anything happens to the server, my site will be down for ages. I thought WS was a lot better than this.

6 comments
You have to remember not alot of people work fully on the weekend so the support/setups will be delayed, you can expect your server to be set up withing 2- 3 working days normaly.

They do not answer support tickets 24/7, they answer only in there day times, also I dont think they support team works during weekends, but I coild be mistaken.. also they took a week to set up my servers :/ but I was happy with them once setup.

Neokenzo,
they are the best, I am using them for more than one year, I got support even in mid night, I never bought additional sla for that. I dont think there is need of remote reboot at all, u can reboot the server from shell itself. if there is problem with startup then remote reboot is also waste, if ur planning to do experiments on kernels etc then buy kvm instead of remote reboot

They can be a little slow at times. They do state it can take up to 2 days to setup your server. They were quite slow for me as well, but it all depends on what you are asking for. A simple reboot will probably be done within 20 minutes, whereas a full re-format + CPanel might take anything up to 18 hours+ ..

You must also note that they do have levels of priority, and you have to pay more for "within an hour" support for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back