Is this the end of the business? HotFile lost PayPal

Status
Not open for further replies.
35 comments
Possibly not the end of a business, but maybe the the decline, of a mentality to gain by uploading.

The many people that take others work (programmers), rezip, upload and profit, could be on the decrease as other "hosters" take a similar stand. It all falls to piracy. Another Megaupload is on the horizon.

well, are there any big filelockers left which allow to make some money?
there're plenty of smaller ones. today they appeared, tomorrow they disappeared... no solid ones left, that's for sure (

even Mega lost its PayPal
there's no way filelockers will accept paypal, that's a huge issue

Last edited:
graph

i think hotfile died long time ago, just because they lost paypal it doesnt really mean anything for filehosting, almost nobody has working paypal anyway nowadays

Webmoney is the New World Payment Power (Ruska), about hotfile & paypal = i am very glad that paypal banned hotfile

If webmoney added CC payment options for customers you would be definitely right, coolro. Unfortunately it's too complicated for most end-users to register a webmoney account and get some funds on it to pay for a service...
Nevertheless alternative payment options like webmoney, bitcoin, libertyreserve or perfectmoney will grow in the next few years after not only filesharing industry has problems with processing CC payments, but also gambling (which is a huge industry) and others like pharmacy are looking for new payment options.

the bigger they get = the more regulated they become
it's a common rule for everything. once they get big they will be an easy target for legal movements. and they won't be popular before they get big. that's a circle

Well I haven't seen any recent posts using Hotfile, I have files there still but they are like 2 years old some haven't even been downloaded for 12 months and I don't have premium never have.

You shouldn't get surprised, many companies stopped working with PayPal. In fact, I think paypal is the one who is stopping their business with other companies.

file hosting dont care bout bout paypal just all because stopfilelockers cut off a couple of processors big deal will just find some over way and again again stopfilelockers the law mpaa they been trying for years and still we going strong

Has anyone received today ( yesterday ) payment from hotfile ? Today - 16 March - and silence ... :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back