Is it possible to make CS 1.6 server in a VPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfxguru

I have a unused 512mb openvz vps and am thinking to make it a Counter Strike 1.6 Server, so i can play locally with my 6 friends.

Is it possible to make it from linux?

How do i connect from my windows pc to that server? total noob here in terms of online gaming in PC.

I use a cracked version of CS 1.6, my friends also use that.

any suggestions or follow up guide?

13 comments
oh that's easy, long time ago i had done some :D
anyway in linux there is wine which you can use for installing and launching cs in linux... but i dont remember now but i think there is some linux version of cs.
if you have linux based machine (i had opensuse, ubuntu also great) just intall there wine and then cs, configure serv, amxmod and run it :D 512 mb should be enough but what i really worried is that vps is shared cpu so if it's poor then you will have laggy game:/ anyways and connection has to be excellent otherwise high ping-laggy game :/ i would suggest you try everything on virtualbox and then just do same in your vps :)

does anyone know why when i create server on my windows dedicated server i cannot add it to favorites or gametracker and only way to connect to it is using console connect ip command... ?

i cannot add it to favorites or gametracker and only way to connect to it is using console connect ip command... ?
Favorites is a bit buggy in cracked versions. Anyway if you use newer RevEmu and RevLoader it will work a bit better. To refresh favorites tab, click in another tab and click favorites tab again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back