Is Freelancing A Good Career Option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockerstop

Yes. Presently, India has got the second-largest best freelancer site in the world following the United States. The following year, 50 percent of this workforce expected to take up freelance occupations. Currently, 43 percent of freelancers are millennials, all driven by a need to be operating for themselves, and have the ideal work-life equilibrium. According to a poll by PayPay, now, 10 million individuals are currently freelancing in India. To know more, you can visit here at Rockerstop.com

17 comments
But Remember.
Other Asian countries are also in the race. and they are speeding up.
And I don't think Indian coding skill are any better than those countries. Specially thank to several quality Paid/Free Online courses.

Day by day mathematics & data structure knowledge of indians are degrading, thanks to Indian Govt. course selection.

Once Clients do realize, they actually can get same or even better service for cheaper price than their current provider, they would simply moved it to it.

It can be a good career option. But there are some perquisites.
1) If you want to start right out as a freelancer, then you should be absolutely good at it. No one will hire a freelancer who is still learning.
2) You should work at a company first. This is again for two reasons, one you get a good amount of experience, both in terms of work practice and client handling patience. And second, if you work at a company now, you can save your salary.
When you start out as a freelancer, its not necessary that you'll surely be a hit from the start. You might not get a single project for a period of days to months. So you should have some money to support yourself in that duration.

In 2020 it's hard to get by, don't forget. When people get old it's done for. If you earn 2000$. You need atleast to start saving 200$ a month, so when you get old. You have infinite amount of money.

Freelancing as your career is indeed a great option, but you need to do forward-thinking, since there is several limitations for banana countries, like fees for health, pension fund, taxes and such. I'd suggest if you decide to go full-time freelancing, do the proper due diligence for you and try to project your possible revenue for future, as well as setting up goals and fighting hard to reach them.

It basically depends on your skills and knowledge. In my opinion, you're better to choose freelancing as your part-time income while making a fixed income until you get a stable client base. It's hard to rely on free lancing at the very beginning

With most of us getting axed from our jobs right now, it won't be a bad move to start freelancing. Yeah, you'll need to be extremely good at it, given the competition. Also, don't expect things will be handed over to you just like that. I'd say your networking and negotiation skills will be handy in this case.

Freelancing is good when you have the skills to back you up. You also must be motivated and driven to seek customers a retained them as well. Essentially is good if you can be discipline as your own boss.

If you have amazing programming skills for example, freelancing may be a lucrative option. But in my experience, regular freelancing jobs for us non-geniuses pay very little. But you don't have to be clocking in and out at an office.

Yes, only in the case of good ability. If you're good at what you do, there's a place for you in freelancing. If you do your work mediocrely or worse than your competitors, then you will not find a good income in freelancing.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, only in the case of good ability. If you're good at what you do, there's a place for you in freelancing. If you do your work mediocrely or worse than your competitors, then you will not find a good income in freelancing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back