IPTorrents - Cracking Down on Banned Clients, Cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Who would have suspected IPTorrents to become a safe haven for cheaters using modified clients to inflate ratio. Certainly not yours truly - IPT has to be one of the easiest trackers to seed on (seedbox not required). In fact, I refuse to load their torrents locally in uTorrent since they consume too much upload bandwidth - it’s nearly on par with public trackers. But widespread ratio-whoring on IPT? Will an impeccable share ratio on IPT finally land you an invite to coveted FtN once you take that pretty screenshot to prove you’re an irreplacable asset to the BT community? Likely not.
Below is a short excerpt from IPT’s recent announcement on May 15th, regarding "modified clients":
Dear Users

Recently we are seeing more and more instances of ’suspect’ information sent to our tracker.
We believe this is due to an increased usage of modified torrent clients.

These modified clients have been changed with the specific intention of sending false information to trackers in an attempt to inflate the upload amount recorded and increase the users ratio.
Whilst it is possible to use these modified clients without cheating, the fact that you have a modified client means you have the ability to cheat should you so choose.

We have updated our ‘Anti Cheater’ routines to identify all instances of modifed client useage.
On a serious note, IPT (as easy as it is to seed on) is rife with cheaters from India, Israel, Egypt, certain Romanian IPs, and wherever else that many trackers are already wise to. It’s good to see that IPT finally updated their allowable BitTorrent client list; something that hadn’t been done in what seems like years. Just a hunch, but cheaters and the ilk will have to mosy on over to TorrentDay then, since there’s yet to be a similar announcement.
IPTorrents/TorrentDay Connected?

Perhaps I’m talking out of my ass, but I’m suspicious that TD and IPT are run by the same company (as opposed to traditional private trackers that have real sysops & staff - "company" being the keyword here). Read on.
IPT and TD have uncanny similarities - both are hosted in Russia with IPs next door to each other (IPT @ 95.128.242.250, and TD @ 95.128.242.230). Coincidentally, on or about March 18th both sites went offline at the same time, and when they resurfaced both had simultaneously relocated to PRQ hosting in Sweden (in the same datacenter - again, side by side with nearly identical IPs). For reasons unexplained, this relocation didn’t last long; both IPT and TD have now returned to Russian hosting using the exact same IPs before the switch to PRQ. That, and other coincidences.

18 comments
We catch most cheaters on our site, user limit is 10k and most of them have been banned by now so every suspect anounces are easily inspected manually and most cheaters are pretty obvious because they report unreal speeds.

Any site serious about this should have no problem identifying them.

think i got banned

i Been on iptorrents for a long time with a ratio over 2 and today its says my account has been disabled.no warning of anything i might have said or done!so what now?do i change my ip ans sign up again?this is just wrong.

i Been on iptorrents for a long time with a ratio over 2 and today its says my account has been disabled.no warning of anything i might have said or done!so what now?do i change my ip ans sign up again?this is just wrong.
no need to change ip, just register under another name.

not using account for long time will result in disable of acc.
to do not get disable ur account, u need 100gb uploaded and min download.
so that ur account will be out of disabling. u will receive message when u upload more than 100gb...as ur account was permanent...

other wise u can use option located in ur profile

Account parkedyes no
You can park your account to prevent it from being deleted because of inactivity if you go away on for example a vacation. When the account has been parked limits are put on the account, for example you cannot use the tracker and browse some of the pages.

using yes u can park ur acc.

not using account for long time will result in disable of acc.
to do not get disable ur account, u need 100gb uploaded and min download.
so that ur account will be out of disabling. u will receive message when u upload more than 100gb...as ur account was permanent...

other wise u can use option located in ur profile

Account parkedyes no
You can park your account to prevent it from being deleted because of inactivity if you go away on for example a vacation. When the account has been parked limits are put on the account, for example you cannot use the tracker and browse some of the pages.

using yes u can park ur acc.

what's the min download you need (once you have over 100gb with good ratio) to have your acc allowed to be unused for a while? i had friends with hundreds of GBs up and very little down (legitly seeded; I helped them) that didn't log into their ipt accounts for a couple months and their accs were deleted xD

My Ratio: > 3000 with over 10TB uploaded :)

thats all great n all but it dont help anyone that has been banned
for no reason and cant download anything anymore.
you say you have updated etc and list most of the torrent programs.
but have failed to mention once what we can use.
Ive donated a lot of money on the site and have high ratio..

I think its bloody rude that you dont even tell ppl and i have to search for the reason myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back