Status
Not open for further replies.
13 comments
unfortunately not. I got pissed the images wouldn;t show up and erased the installation.

but basically where the img I post should be it just says posted image it doesn't actually show the image.

well I am debating on making a ipb or a phpbb forum. But I have issues with both. with IPB just the picture issue. With PHPBB when I install phpbbbseo and update the htaccess file the fucker still won;t let me see individual topics keeps saying 404 not found.

That's mostly because the .htaccess file hasn't been properly edited. This has happened with me many times before (On vB) :S

Why don't you try vB? (version 3.8)

I tried vb 4 with vbseo and I guess vbseo wasn't properly nulled cause one day everythign just stopped working. when I disabled it everything wen't back to normal lol.

when I post an image using the img tag it only shows text. "posted image" how can I get images to show?

If you are using ipb v3 there is an option in the acp settings that ask if you want the image to show or just the link. Same img bbcode as here.
Attached Image Options
Show uploaded images in post as images?
If set to "yes", any image attachments in a post will be shown as the image and not as a downloadable link. Set this to yes to allow members to position their image attachments in the post using the [attachmentid] tag.

Also v3 has bult in seo also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back