Are you happy with the introduction of Web Host Rank?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfoBot

Informational Bot
Corporate Membership
As the title says, we've now introduced the heavily requested Established Web Host rank on WJunction :)

4tgpvNb.png

So you are a web hosting service provider and would like to apply for this special rank which will distinguish you from normal members? Following is what you need to know.

Eligibility:

a) Registered and doing business on WJunction for 3 months minimum along with being a legally registered business / company / entity / firm. This business / company / entity / firm should be in business for at least 12 months on the date of application.

OR

b) You are not a legally registered business / company / firm / entity but are in business for at least 24 months on the date of application (WJunction sale thread start date would be considered).

How to apply:

Click here to request this rank - Request Web Host Rank

We will get back to you requesting the required proofs.

Please allow 5 - 7 working days for your process to complete. The sooner you provide requested details, the better.

Disclaimer:

This is just a user rank and must not be considered as a WJunction guarantee of the host if you are buying from them. WJunction tries it's best to verify the hosts and protect its member's interests it is strongly recommended that you do a thorough research before buying from any host.

It is always better to be wise than to sigh hopelessly.

Last edited by a moderator:
23 comments
A good step, but personally the rules are too relaxed.

Include some sort of review system, that they have to maintain or service level.
95% of "webhosts" here are just resellers, That's not webhosting.
Ask what iperf, PXE, BGP Routing, vlan etc is to the "webhosts" here and they won't have a clue.

Anyways a nice to feature to bring on the table.

PS : What about multiple accounts ?, Will everyone get that rank ? If not then make a feature to create a pseudo user so that authorized can post by changing the brands. I guess that should be a good idea to maintain personal as well as business interactions on the forum.

Include some sort of review system, that they have to maintain or service level.
Ask what iperf, PXE, BGP Routing, vlan etc is to the "webhosts" here and they won't have a clue.

PS : What about multiple accounts ?, Will everyone get that rank ? If not then make a feature to create a pseudo user so that authorized can post by changing the brands. I guess that should be a good idea to maintain personal as well as business interactions on the forum.

I would like to consider this as a first step into a regulated and trusted web host rank on WJunction.

As time will go by, WJunction will perfect a test and review system which eventually will bring good customers to hosting providers and from the other side a system that would provide a better faith and trust to a customer who search for a web host service in WJunction.

The goal is to have a trusted hosting business environment here on WJunction.

I would like to consider this as a first step into a regulated and trusted web host rank on WJunction.

As time will go by, WJunction will perfect a test and review system which eventually will bring good customers to hosting providers and from the other side a system that would provide a better faith and trust to a customer who search for a web host service in WJunction.

The goal is to have a trusted hosting business environment here on WJunction.

As you mentioned "trusted hosting business", a question comes to my head. It is not unknown that many hosts have come to WJ, shown papers and documents with proper registration and what not. And then one random day, everything is gone and we see a thread of people claiming refunds and backups maybe because the host could not handle the load or any other reason. What could be an efficient way to block that or atleast put a bottle neck to it to make it almost impossible to do that.

I am only asking this out of concern since I myself have been on both side of such incidents.

Last edited:
As you mentioned "trusted hosting business", a question comes to my head. It is not unknown that many hosts have come to WJ, shown papers and documents with proper registration and what not. And then one random day, everything is gone and we see a thread of people claiming refunds and backups maybe because the host could not handle the load or any other reason. What could be an efficient way to block that or atleast put a bottle neck to it to make it almost impossible to do that.

I am only asking this out of concern since I myself have been on both side of such incidents.

Well, it's really hard to predict with any test if a host will bankrupt or "run with the money" one day, the tests are designed to give a certain level of trust to a host that a user can relay on, for his hosting provider decision.

WJunction hope that this step will bring the quality of hosting providers to a higher level and the user to trust the web host rank given by WJunction.

But again, as SP stated it's a brand new feature that I as a WJunction staff member hope is only the first step into the right direction.

A good step indeed. One idea could be what WHT does. Make the new user rank a subscription that the hosts pay to get and renew accordingly and will get benefits. If they run into trouble, WJ management can come in and maybe help out with a certain percentage from the funds gained from said subscription.

This provides multiple things. Customers know that they have an insurance for the host they are buying from and it is also a way to know which hosts are here to stay and which ones may just vanish.

I am only throwing ideas, let me know if you want me to stop lol.

Last edited:

Well, it's really hard to predict with any test if a host will bankrupt or "run with the money" one day, the tests are designed to give a certain level of trust to a host that a user can relay on, for his hosting provider decision.

WJunction hope that this step will bring the quality of hosting providers to a higher level and the user to trust the web host rank given by WJunction.

But again, as SP stated it's a brand new feature that I as a WJunction staff member hope is only the first step into the right direction.

I gave another look at the webhosts here, It's just a pathetic attempt to keep the diminishing user base.
It's a very weak rule which won't help anything other than satisfying the wanna-be webhosts with a shiny purple badge they got which doesnt mean a squat.

It's high time you guys considered the rules of this forum !, Some of the senior mods are active once a week. You are pretty much sure to see one or two spam posts on the forum posted hours ago showing no mod / s-mod / administrator is interested in removing them.
Just work out on the core concepts first and then move onto auxiliary things.

Occul7 pointed out a very fair deal, that it's still useless since we won't have any guarantee.
To be honest all ranks should be stripped, What do Respected Members do here ?, Half of them login yearly !

Remove the warez, introduce new sections, advertise a bit more and bring WJ to its new glory.
If not, then just get WJ to its old glory get it back to all things warez.

I think having different ranks/status is a great idea and is widely implemented at all forums/blogs for a range of different purposes at admins discretion.

This new host rank has already been established, it causes no harm. And it can be removed if a web hoster is not towing the rope.

I won't go into the other stuff you mentioned regard staff/spam etc as it's all offtopic in respect of the OP's topic.

However in the end everyone is entitled to their opinions just as you have voiced yours here and for that I thank you.

Hello Rox,

I also applied
but i can't see any response, can you tell me what i missed ?

Regards
Host DZire

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back