Introducing BoxCP - Revolutionary Server Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom

logo.png

Tired of paying extortionate fees to cPanel just so that you can have a GUI for control over your server? Well don't be any more! It brings me great pleasure to announce a new system, called BoxCP, which will soon be available!

[SLIDE]http://boxcp.com/preview/1.png[/SLIDE]

It isn't free, however it is so much cheaper than cPanel, or any other premium hosting panel you'd be stupid not to give it a try! For only $5 / month you get all the basic features needed for maintaining your server and comes with an amazingly fresh and clean GUI.

[SLIDE]http://boxcp.com/preview/2.png[/SLIDE]

This thread will be updated when the software becomes available, but you can view development status for yourself by going to the official site by clicking
Code:
http://boxcp.com/forum/

5lnv5N.png

Enjoy this promising alternative to server control panels!!

Cheers to MiDNiGHT for writing this :)

47 comments
I'm replying in a developers/webmaster eye, you reply in a detective eye as usual.

The main site is just hosted on special private webhosting for performance. Real servers are used for downloads.

However no discussion in this, useless.

You would know cPanel is a resource hog in comparison to the other panels. Guys developing this BoxCP would at least know that and would instead use a more lightweight panel (webmin or DA, for example).

cPanel on a BoxCP server, given the fact that BoxCP claims to be the next big thing and replace cPanel. Well, that's just fail.

Why should we use DA or Webmin when we are on a shared envoirement?

BoxCP is targeted to VPS users, and not the webhosting industry. And where does the thread say "replacing" or even "competiting" cPanel?

Tired of paying extortionate fees to cPanel just so that you can have a GUI for control over your server?

I'm with l0cal on this one, you all are just being immature. He never said he's competing with cPanel and his new project is still in development stages, so it would make perfect sense for them to still use cpanel at this point?!

First off, thx for news,
i dont understand the negativity of this thread, why slam someone when they try to create an alternative. Constructive comments would be nicer.. pssf

I'm replying in a developers/webmaster eye, you reply in a detective eye as usual.

The main site is just hosted on special private webhosting for performance. Real servers are used for downloads.

However no discussion in this, useless.

Why should we use DA or Webmin when we are on a shared envoirement?

BoxCP is targeted to VPS users, and not the webhosting industry. And where does the thread say "replacing" or even "competiting" cPanel?

I'm with l0cal on this one, you all are just being immature. He never said he's competing with cPanel and his new project is still in development stages, so it would make perfect sense for them to still use cpanel at this point?!

i totally agree with you guys , motivating them and helping them with bug fixes should be our job and not pointing out that they are using some other CP

And this is when moderators bash and there is no one that can say anything to them...

Cheers though, thanks for the support.
Ryan

It's not bashing Ryan, not at all. I'm just stating out the obvious. If you want to be taken seriously, you need to use what you've created, even if it's not fully finished. But at least you'd use something you've created. If you're not using it now, how can you expect that someone else will use it when you release it?

It's not bashing Ryan, not at all. I'm just stating out the obvious. If you want to be taken seriously, you need to use what you've created, even if it's not fully finished. But at least you'd use something you've created. If you're not using it now, how can you expect that someone else will use it when you release it?

Well, it is in development phase. And like localhost said, this is not a webhosting control panel. It is also definitely not trying to compete with other panels.

It is more of an all in one solution to help you setup your server quickly and effortlessly.

Cheers,
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back