i can not start nginx on server

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingtek

i'm running nginx on my server centos 6.5 final,yesterday i reboot then i can not start nginx again!!!
i tried so much command search on google but it isn't work!

# /etc/init.d/nginx status
-bash: /etc/init.d/nginx: No such file or directory
# sudo /etc/init.d/nginx start
sudo: /etc/init.d/nginx: command not found

# service nginx start
nginx: unrecognized service

I need help.Thanks!

8 comments
From the above command you provided I understand that you have not installed nginx in a proper way or it is not installed. Please let me know how you installed nginx on server so that I can help you to solve the issue.

I would guess from your quote that you have not installed Nginx at all. Or if you did, it did not get installed properly.

Try doing "yum install nginx -y" and if it installs nginx again, well, you might need to redo some stuff.

Command not found error suggest, The binary is not installed or the path is missing. So that suggest either you have not installed nginx or its not setup properly with correct paths. Try to re-install nginx using Yum as suggested above.

I suggest you install nginx the proper way via yum.
To do so, you first have to install the 'epel-release' repository, then you can install nginx easily via 'yum install nginx'.

Did you changes something within nginx configuration? Very first thing is to make sure that the nginx has installed correctly. What did you see when you fire # rpm -qa | grep nginx

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Binary [/FONT]probably missing from your OS. Can you give details? So we can help with the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back