hyper v windows 2008 configuration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakaski

Banned
Banned
hi
my purpose is to run a few windows vps on an ovh server. the server installed with hyperv 2008 r2. i installed hyperv manager on pc. when i try to connect to the hyperv server by using hyperv manager from my pc it shows a connection error " can not connect to the RPC service on the computer . Make sure your RPC service is running"
could you help me to figure out the problem? is it the configuration from hyper v server or from my own pc or else? i can provide you the the login to see the problem. i really appreciated for this help.

8 comments
Hi,

I'M sure he will got a command-line server from ovh.

Please note that, You will only eligible to manage Hyper-V via windows 7 client if you have joined the Domain. without joining the Domain its not possible.

But you can manage it in Default WORKGROUP domain by using HVRemote script. http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/HVRemote/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=3084

Download and run. reopen hyper-v and then try with hostname and IP. make sure nslookup resolve the ip on hostname properly as well firewall not blocked the port 135.

hi
my purpose is to run a few windows vps on an ovh server. the server installed with hyperv 2008 r2. i installed hyperv manager on pc. when i try to connect to the hyperv server by using hyperv manager from my pc it shows a connection error " can not connect to the RPC service on the computer . Make sure your RPC service is running"
could you help me to figure out the problem? is it the configuration from hyper v server or from my own pc or else? i can provide you the the login to see the problem. i really appreciated for this help.

Hi,
If you want, I can install Windows server 2008 R2 enterprise edition for you on your server.
This will provide you a GUI to use Hyper-V directly on your server.
Also note that OVH needs IP+MAC pair for Virtual Machines. You will need to generate VPS MAC for your desired IP.

Also note that OVH needs IP+MAC pair for Virtual Machines. You will need to generate VPS MAC for your desired IP.

Can you please show me how to this ? I don't know much about Server config. I'm running Window Web server 2008 on my OVH server

I installed VM Player(just need to run image file), but VMWare network adapter showing no internet acces. Doing some Google, but still don't know how to this.

Last edited:
I installed VM Player(just need to run image file), but VMWare network adapter showing no internet acces. Doing some Google, but still don't know how to this.

This is why you have to map your mac addresses to IPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back