How UKRAINIAN hosting providers deal with DMCA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medow7

Hello all:

I would like to know how Ukrainian hosting providers deal with DMCA reports, does they ignore them completely or not.

Also how about the peering between Europe and USA? is it good enough?

Thanks.

20 comments
It depends on their own terms. You should find us some legit providers and ask them directly. Also, We would like to hear from more peoples here.

Hope you get a solution.

Hello all:

I would like to know how Ukrainian hosting providers deal with DMCA reports, does they ignore them completely or not.

Thanks.

DMCA is not ignored completely in any country. Some hosting providers will ignore a certain amount of reports but you will get take down reports for copyright content.

I think there are a lot of misconceptions around here, even from hosting sales people apperantly.
DMCA is an american copyright "law". Nobody outside US needs to act on DMCA takedown notices, legally speaking. BUT - DMCA are abuse notices, which you are legally obliged to look after. For example spamming is a violation any DC will care about since it gets their IPs blacklisted. Linking to copyrighted material, not so much.
Any service provider that completely ignores any kind of abuse notices should not be taken seriously as they are most definitelly a reseller that will get banned by their provider at some point.

there is no 100% dmca ignored service
they maybe ignore copyright emails in the first day but then they will find themselves in front of legal team trying to blacklist their ISP and ASN so they will take down your server soon or later

you can't be safe from dmca anywhere in the earth
i tried so many 'dmca ignored" services since years but none of them is really "dmca ignored"
when they face legal issues they will kick you out

Is there a guide on how to implement this trick?

You can search on google, there are numerous guides
I advise you to use centos or ubuntu

keyworks: proxy reverse nginx + apache on centos

If you don't spend a lot there are numbers of vps (Russia) at 5-10 $ / month
Okay 1-2 GB of RAM must not be powerful
The vps russia will only serve as a mask for DCMA
I used OVH and some providers advertised on wj. No copyright issues
I have countless visits a day

;)

Last edited:
You can search on google, there are numerous guides
I advise you to use centos or ubuntu

keyworks: proxy reverse nginx + apache on centos

If you don't spend a lot there are numbers of vps (Russia) at 5-10 $ / month
Okay 1-2 GB of RAM must not be powerful
The vps russia will only serve as a mask for DCMA
I used OVH and some providers advertised on wj. No copyright issues
I have countless visits a day

;)
Thank you! I also found a video on YT:

Hello all:

Thanks.

Let me explain..

DMCA is an American law so technically it will not apply on foreign countries.
But the local law of that country is still apply..

Suppose you host a website in a Ukraine server. If Ukraine have a copyright protection law then you have to abide that..
They maybe give you some time like 24hrs to response or remove the content which have copyright claim.

Some time few european countries also not allow you to ignore DMCA

So it's better to ask them first (before you buy) if they allow or not.

Let me explain..

DMCA is an American law so technically it will not apply on foreign countries.
But the local law of that country is still apply..

Suppose you host a website in a Ukraine server. If Ukraine have a copyright protection law then you have to abide that..
They maybe give you some time like 24hrs to response or remove the content which have copyright claim.

Some time few european countries also not allow you to ignore DMCA

So it's better to ask them first (before you buy) if they allow or not.

Why talk nonsense?
If you are a reverse proxy, you will not have copyright issues. Reports of abuse on the Ukrainian server will never arrive.
All reports of abuse (cloudflare for example) only come to the Russian server. If it is used as a proxy. The Ukrainian server is anonymous.

Everyone uses this system.

Solution:
Proxy reverse (VPS Russia) + Server Ukrainian

nginx + apache

All notifications will come to the Russian server which it will ignore 99%

I thought about this before, but the bandwidth in Russia is more expensive.
Also is Russia have a good paring to EU and USA?

Why talk nonsense?
If you are a reverse proxy, you will not have copyright issues. Reports of abuse on the Ukrainian server will never arrive.
All reports of abuse (cloudflare for example) only come to the Russian server. If it is used as a proxy. The Ukrainian server is anonymous.

Everyone uses this system.
You are right. I am use NL servers with Panama proxy all cloudflare dmca is delivered to Panama IP

In my optinion, the UKRANIAN hosts are the next big thing, especially EU starts to implements Article 13 and Ukranie is not part of EU.

You are right. I am use NL servers with Panama proxy all cloudflare dmca is delivered to Panama IP
Which Panama provider? and how they deal with DMCA report?
Is paring between NL and Panama good enough?
And what about paring between the proxy server and your audiance?

Thanks.

The Reverse proxy will use little bandwidth, the big job is done by the dedicated server

Example Vps reverse proxy Ru:

CPU 1 vCores
RAM 2GB
SSD 50GB
Traffic Unlimited
Bandwidth 200Mbps

Can manage 2-3k users online, good performance
There is a lot to learn from Russian servers, stay away from NL with the new EU law!!!

Last edited:
The Reverse proxy will use little bandwidth, the big job is done by the dedicated server

Example Vps reverse proxy Ru:

CPU 1 vCores
RAM 2GB
SSD 50GB
Traffic Unlimited
Bandwidth 200Mbps

Can manage 2-3k users online, good performance
There is a lot to learn from Russian servers, stay away from NL with the new EU law!!!
How about paring and speed between Russia and EU and USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back