How to start good file hosting site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clixvo

Hello dear.:)

I really interest to start file hosting site like bitshare. but i have few questions with it.

1.which one is the best script for this type site
2. How success with file hosting site.
3. what should i careful about more. (how fail site)
4. any other valuable information?

Thanks for your time. if you have any idea about this please kindly post here!!

8 comments
most file sites use custom scripts. my most valuable info is being a filehost you cant ignore dmca where ever your server is be diligent. but no offense we have hundreds of filehosts in the what i call "flooded market" what are you gonna do to make your ssite better than the competition?

most file sites use custom scripts. my most valuable info is being a filehost you cant ignore dmca where ever your server is be diligent. but no offense we have hundreds of filehosts in the what i call "flooded market" what are you gonna do to make your ssite better than the competition?

yes actually i see tons of sites. but there only 5 or 6 good sites.
However we have experience with offshore hosting. so we can do something unique.

But i want to know more details/tips about file sharing sites included rates/cheaters etc etc

Last edited:
Most sites use same script xfilesharing, but best ones use custom scripts.

First you need money for running the site, don't buy cheap servers, and if you want affiliate program don't start with huge rates,just to attract users, and then decrease them, better start with low rates and then increase.

Second think about what your gonna offer: speeds, space, storage time etc for free/registered/premium.
What i hate the most about new hosts is they always change this things.

This is all from a file host user's point of view.

Most sites use same script xfilesharing, but best ones use custom scripts.

First you need money for running the site, don't buy cheap servers, and if you want affiliate program don't start with huge rates,just to attract users, and then decrease them, better start with low rates and then increase.

Second think about what your gonna offer: speeds, space, storage time etc for free/registered/premium.
What i hate the most about new hosts is they always change this things.

This is all from a file host user's point of view.

Thanks for that valuable suggestions. We would like start with affiliate programs, referrals and reseller system.
This time we need more memberside suggestions and ideas.

Nowadays exists lots of filehosting sites, but most of them have a short life only best ones remains.

When i chose a filehost for my files i check how user firnedly is and the download limitations for free users. If the hosting si veru restrictive for free users for me has no value.

Nowadays exists lots of filehosting sites, but most of them have a short life only best ones remains.

When i chose a filehost for my files i check how user firnedly is and the download limitations for free users. If the hosting si veru restrictive for free users for me has no value.

ofcourse yes. but i ithing 250 kbps and 500kbps enough for both anonymous and free members

these are my things i look for if i choose a host:

• How Many space can i have as a registered user
  • How Many space can i get if i choose to get premium
  • What does the premium cost me:
  • How can i get a prem.acc - do i have to pay or can i get one by having enough downloads? (i don't need PPD, but i want to have get a prem.acc if i got enough downloads or the host ist "good" enough to not needing prem. - though i dont neet pps either)
  • How long are the files saved
  • How can i upload? Only webupload or ftp?
  • How fast is the upload (i want to at least have 2MB/s per connection - preferable 10MB/s)
  • How good is the free-user speed - should best be above 300KB/s and i don't have to register to download.
  • Do you have shit like you force to download a download-manager (absolutelty a no-go)
  • Are there any download-limits (like 1 DL ein 45min)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back