how to make windows vps from dedicated server

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolro

Hello i am looking how to make windows vps from dedicated server with 10 dedicated ips ?
i am planning to buy in near future ..

6 comments
Are you looking to build a dedicated server or want to downgrade your dedicated server to a normal VPS plan? You question is not very clear for a good resolution.

The solution depends on what kind of host operating system are you going to use. If you are going to use linux (CentOS etc) I would recommend going for XEN virtualisation.

I personally have been using windows 2012 server edition as my host, and using HyperV to make both linux and windows VPS's and this is working perfectly for me.
If you need help in building XEN, You can contact me :)

We prefer KVM over XEN... Even Radhat switched its primary virtualization package from XEN to KVM.
KVM is much much powerful than Xen and directly compete with VMware in performance.

For a quick and easy start, use CentOS 6 x64 + SolusVM + KVM setup and use Windows templates provided by SolusVM.
This way you can provide a VPS control panel to your clients too, :)

I want to make windows vps - 10 ips - 128 ssd - and i want to use for my personal activities .
I searched and i find vmware exsii is free and good , other alternatives ? free and good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back