How to Get Rid of F* AutoPosters ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecho

Hi ,

Is there any Script or code or whatever to Stop these f* autoposters for Vbulletin ??

Any help would be Great .

Thanks
Mecho

15 comments
Use "Image Verification" system before posting every thread.

Regards

not bad but the one that DigitalPoint using it is also good . i had forgotten that way ... that's a very good trick . I need to look for it so that .

Or, allow like 1 minute before each post. or 30 seconds... depends

we have this in forum . thanks anyway

make them to read a new thread every time someone login it will surely do it

it would works but it will use server resource as it should check all the registraion and redirect them to a thread. ty

contact the maker of the auto poster if its jayfellas auto poster im sure he has a way to ban sites?

he is not the only one . so i prefer to find a better way instead of finding the devlepors and ... . thanks

captcha??

wont work . these scripts can bypass Captcha easily . ty

Why is it you want to ban them?
Because if its just cirtain people you want, there is a way with jayfella's application to blacklist usernames from using the autoposter on your forum

@ Curtis
Its not certain people he wants, its the whole group of autoposters he wanna ban. And I agree with him. Just because you have 100000s of thread doesn't mean ur site is in one of the big leagues. Also, traffic doesn't mean shyt if you don't have a community. All you get from autoposters are zombie threads with uploaders who never visit the site or bother to check their PM for any problems regarding their uploads.

@Mecho
One gud way to avoid autoposters is by using a different board like fireboard or mybb... or maybe a custom board like Xenu. but I guess that's not an option for you now.

now i got a good idea add some prefix in all forum's related to then like year or type in movies same in software's like freeware etc then eveytime people have to choose that and autoposter cant use that ..and make must have prefix in forum setting.

This will surely Work in certain area

^^^ He's already got prefixes implemented into the forum.

And Curtis The main reason I think he doesn't want auto posters is because his forum rules state that posting duplicate threads is not allowed there for they are suppose to search and then post in the current threads with more links. Also I understand why you wouldn't want them because all they do is bring a lot of spam and crappy posts.

@ Curtis
Its not certain people he wants, its the whole group of autoposters he wanna ban. And I agree with him. Just because you have 100000s of thread doesn't mean ur site is in one of the big leagues. Also, traffic doesn't mean shyt if you don't have a community. All you get from autoposters are zombie threads with uploaders who never visit the site or bother to check their PM for any problems regarding their uploads.

@Mecho
One gud way to avoid autoposters is by using a different board like fireboard or mybb... or maybe a custom board like Xenu. but I guess that's not an option for you now.
Indeed. I don't like forums where I have to post manually. You cannot avoid with bots with anything. Autoposter called XRumer posts on every board, but also it is very expansive. No chance with bots.

^^^ He's already got prefixes implemented into the forum.

And Curtis The main reason I think he doesn't want auto posters is because his forum rules state that posting duplicate threads is not allowed there for they are suppose to search and then post in the current threads with more links. Also I understand why you wouldn't want them because all they do is bring a lot of spam and crappy posts.

Exactly .

I prefer to have very less threads in my forum but have quality threads and clean forums .

i don't think you can completely stop the bots,but what seems too work for me sometime is a force read thread i have know idea why it work on some bots but
it does, some of them can't seem to get around the force read not sure why.just
a food for thought.hope it helps buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back