How to create shared hosting on dedicated server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastergun

Hello Im want sell hosting then I Want learn :P

How I can creat shared hosting on dedicated.
For e.g (I buy dedicated server and setup shared on it?)

What softwares I should use?

And for setup vps on dedicated only need solusvm for creat it and sell?

For setup shared on dedicated hosting only need install cpanel on it?

Please help me guys.
Tell me the best easiest ways to start and spent not much money :)

Regards Guys :)

16 comments
First of all you'll have to learn how to configure and secure a server.Security is of most importance now a days.For learning server managment I'll suggest you to start with a small vps it will save you few bucks.

Once you feel comfortable in daily server management tasks then you have to learn some panel like cpanel or webmin depending upon your choice.

start making a vm on your pc or get your old machine to it and study. you will not lear it on getting ingo on one thread.

@Mastergun If you pm me I would be totally willing to assist you setting up your server and shared hosting website I have had a few years of experience and I would love to help.

I would really practice with a small dedicated before you start full blown hosting as you do not want to have client issues if something goes wrong. You want to have the best support and knowledge to help your clients as many of them will need help.

As far as shared yes you will need some sort of web panel. Cpanel I prefer for functionality and security, but there are others out there like DirectAdmin and Webmin.

VPS you do not absolutely need a panel but a panel does make it easier for both you and your clients. Allowing for automated installations of templates, restarted and adding additional things. You will need knowledge to set these up securely. I'd recommend a highly rated billing panel as well. Most of all make sure these are all licensed. When you start playing with nulled version that is how you get hacked.

Learn learn learn. Then decide if it is for you. Also figure out what type of client you will want to market to. There are many OVH and Hetzner budget sellers. What will make you stand out? Or will you want to market to large profit clients? I'd recommend starting as a reseller with a semi-managed/managed provider, so that you may learn while you go.

Good Luck!

You will need to be good at Linux and other things. It's not just a setup and go. What about support tickets? What about when there are issues? You'll need to be familiar with it all. What if SolusVM breaks? Think of all the risks.

If you don't have a lot of experience why not get a reseller plan from a reputable hosting provider to get you started?

Exactly...
Also. if you still plan to go with installing cPanel/WHM in your dedicated server, you are going for a lot of hassle
you need to be aware of all the settings, managing issues(like DDoS, if you ever get any), paying for the server itself, cpanel license, etc...
if you are new to providing hosting, your best bet is reseller hosting.

Well, before you even start 'fantasizing' of a life of leisure, spending money you've earned off your hosting venture, here's a reality check. Not only is running a web hosting company a trial, starting one is even more challenging. Better to learn everything atleast a basics before starting or spending a penny ! Install a dummy box on your system itself , practice over it , destroy it , rebuild it , destroy it , rebuilt it . Once you are satisfied then you are good to go , i don't call that perfect but still you will have an idea about the things that can be needed by your business . Also if you know the basics then you are very well prepared to learn new stuffs else there will be no use without it . As you'll not be getting those very soon .

Its just my thought else your choice ;)

Kind Regards
Bharat

To install cPanel & WHM, first install perl:

yum install perl

cPanel:

cd /home — Opens the /home directory.
wget -N http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/latest
sh latest — Opens and executes the installation files.

The installation could take up to ~2-3 hrs depending on your machines specifications.

Then finally run /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt to acitvate your trial license.

Done.

As far as shared yes you will need some sort of web panel.
Cpanel I prefer for functionality and security, but there are others out there like DirectAdmin but need license for this:)

-=[RedAlerT]=-;1768263 said:
Install cPanel/WHM

To install cPanel & WHM, first install perl:

yum install perl

cPanel:

cd /home — Opens the /home directory.
wget -N http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/latest
sh latest — Opens and executes the installation files.

The installation could take up to ~2-3 hrs depending on your machines specifications.

Then finally run /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt to acitvate your trial license.

Done.

this kind of answers mislead the OP...

Wow so you want to sell the hosting first? Then LEARN about the industry? I think you have that completely ass backwards. Like someone else said just sounds like you know nothing about it other then you want to earn money for doing nothing, well it dont work like that my friend

As Bharat said, You need to learn first mate. Then Practice (y)
If you start a web hosting company & IF you gain clients without having much knowledge about how to handle your server, You will probably create a chaos for yourself & your clients. If you're going to provide a service, The first rule is to Keep your Customers Happy. And if you're yourself learning in that particular period, You will lose customers & get bad reviews. Also, You're making it difficult for your clients as they will lose their visitors because of your mistakes. If you don't worry about yourself & your company, You shouldn't ruin it for your customers at least :)

So, First thing to do is Practice it on your machine. Get a little knowledge & then start, instead of wasting money on dedicated server or other licenses without any prior knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back