How to add adsense ad in first topic post & last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE

I was wondering if anyone knew how to add an advertisement in the first post of a topic and the last?

example forum is like this: http://www.paintballer.ie/showthrea...ame-in-Aghada-on-saturday?p=121617#post121617

If anyone has any idea, please post. also I can't find much info about this on google so if you find some links, i will be pleased.

Thanks.

also if you think there are better places to add ads and make more $$, let me know some good spots.

11 comments
This is outdated and its not in the topic post itself. its after it.

I am looking to ad th adsense in the topic post itself.

There is an option vBulletin for that.
Go to your admin cp and there will be a section Advertising >> Add new ad >> (Select page as thread)
You will see 2 boxes in yellow as show below, select each and add the ad code to it, as shown here:
eT2xo.png

BTW, can you give me your site link? I want to see your forum :D

EDIT: sorry.. didn't see it was required for IPB :(

Yea I need something for IPB. Honestly if someone can come up with something. this will be a great thing for wj and google as its nowhere to be found on the web. At least none that I can find cause its either outdated or doesnt work.

Ok here is what you need to add to first and last post..
in acp > Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates > Manage Templates
Topic View > post

find
Code:
{$post['post']['post']}
{$post['post']['attachmentHtml']}
add this after
Code:
<if test="in_array($post['post']['post_count'],array(1,$topic['posts']+1))">
Ads go here....
</if>

Yes because it has been tested on 3.34 and if you have upgraded to the buggy 3.41 then i would need to see what is wrong.

Also just to be sure what you mean it is not working I want to see how you added the code and what the results look like with the added code.

If no link than take pictures and post them..

Also make sure you do the changes in the default skin and test them. Not a custom skin with buku changes made....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back