Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudShadow

So i was wondering that how many visitors will a vps with 512mb of guaranteed RAM and 1Gb of Burstable ram be able to handle? I'll be running a wordpress blog on it and the database will be around 250mb.

19 comments
Do you mean Unique per day, or users browsing at the same time?
It depends on many factors, which plugins you use, 100/1000mbit network...etc etc.. no one can tell you even approximate number.
It can be from 40 users online, to 300...
from 1000 per day, or 10000
Also, depends who your admin is....

with proper caching, it can handle about 60-100 online at any given time..it all depends on various factors..thats me 'generalizing it'...

400+ users ;)

my 768mb ram vps can handle roughly 400+ users before going to a series of out of memory msgs :P

Do you mean Unique per day, or users browsing at the same time?
It depends on many factors, which plugins you use, 100/1000mbit network...etc etc.. no one can tell you even approximate number.
It can be from 40 users online, to 300...
from 1000 per day, or 10000
Also, depends who your admin is....

VPS is from knownsrv, the first package. Lets say the daily visitors are between 6-10k. I'll be using around 18 plugins, give or take.

@am21

Thats users online at any given time, right?

I don't think it will run smoothly, just add 10$ more, and enjoy
i beg to disagree. i used to run a site which had the similiar spec. like the ones mentioned by the op. it was powered by wordpress and i had installed and optimized it such that the site used to load smooth even when comments were being posted like 10+ per minute and also there were constant pageloads.

hm... so i'll have to buy the second package? damn, :p.

EDIT:

My site is pretty well optimized i believe, average page load speed was( before the increase in traffic) 2-3 seconds max. Now its around 3-4.

Depends on the OS you use, Plugins you use, Theme you use and the network and also the quality of the hardware the VPS is on.

I do believe it's best for you to talk with krun!x, you will get all his support and knowledge at a glance. I am there, hosting 4 sites on one VPS, and its all running smooth, but, not having 10K per day... :/ Also, you expect site to grow at any point, you can't predict what users will search, and land on your site.. :)

@cv

I've asked krunix and he told me to either go with the first package if traffic is constant. But if the traffic is going to increase second is better.

You're running 4 sites on the same vps? I am planning to start a new site in a couple of days, if i host that on the second package with my main site, will there be any issues?

@NEC

I'm going to get a cpanel license for the vps, i'm not sure if CP supports mariaDB. If it does, a guide for moving from MySQL > MariaDB would be nice.

@cv

I've asked krunix and he told me to either go with the first package if traffic is constant. But if the traffic is going to increase second is better.

You're running 4 sites on the same vps? I am planning to start a new site in a couple of days, if i host that on the second package with my main site, will there be any issues?
there wont be as the new site wont be getting much traffic initially

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back