this is warz forum and everyone comes here for share exp on uploading warz

u laughing at those ppl sharing warz

but look at urself

u came to a famoused warz share site
u registered as an user
u reply to a thread talking about warz
u laughed at thost ppl discuzing warz

but who u are? :))

So it is self-promotion. I say this based on the fact that it is twice on this 1 page you point out how your file host is different and more trustworthy because of your unique payment method.

If you read comments made all over this site in reference to file hosts and payments they are usually based on less than legitimate Content. Let's not get into this stuff about legal content being uploaded or not.

File Hosts would starve if they were relying solely on legal users, your rewards programs are set up to encourage people to upload popular content not home movies. The business model most successful file host follow relies on traffic from and to works not owned or made by the uploader.

Your Idea may be unique but you have come to the dance really late and only the fat and ugly girls are left. Like all situations of this type end up it will either be bad for you or your date (users). I am thinking the users will be disappointed when the end of life comes for your file host aslso

@new369 Sorry I didn't quite get what you said, could you rephrase please? I have read the whole thread and my comment still stands.

I am the guy that has probably banned you from a half a dozen or so warez sites.

Yes look at me!

I am not crying about lost virtual earnings or how file hosts scammed me out of money that was not mine to start with.

And I am still laughing at you!

FShoppe I do think you should have been honest with WJ members on your first post, and let them know that you run a Filehost. Your title allows them to think that you are unbiased and of course obviously you are not.

However, I do wish you the best of luck of course, and I will test out your site and service for my reports. :)

In the meantime all members that are interested in my unbiased opinion after weeks of investigation should check out my latest report and findings which I posted on WJunction today, click;

Good Advice on Filehosts

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

FShoppe, I have checked out your site and must say it is very smart looking, but I have a couple of points and questions on it;

Welcome to FileShoppe.Net

whyUse.png

The instant payout is good providing you keep your word on constantly doing that, or your rep may be damaged if their are further posts/reports of delays.

The charging of $10.01 per 100MB bandwidth usage may deter new would be members and uploaders from joining when they view your site and that term.

The offer of FREE downloads is important to members, so its good that you offer that. I know that before I recommend any Filehosts to my members I always look for that ;). It is an incentive for them to then pay for Premium.

I do hope you dont mind my posting my opinions and I wish you the best of luck with your service.

May I ask you where you are based? as that is very important these days that members and uploaders know that for their, and their files security.
Also does your site BAN US IPs and refuse to pay out to them?, as some Filehosts are doing now.

Thanks in advance

FShoppe I do think you should have been honest with WJ members on your first post, and let them know that you run a Filehost. Your title allows them to think that you are unbiased and of course obviously you are not.

I do not think I hid the fact I represent FileShoppe. I mentioned once or twice in this thread already. I am actually trying to get some information with regards to people's perception of file hosts and what they would like to see different. I also put forward a few ideas of our own of course to see what the reaction is, since no one has done what we do yet. BUT, if I have come across as 'hiding' somthing, then this was not my intention and I do apologize for this.

I will check out your thread! Thanks for the link.

FShoppe, I have checked out your site and must say it is very smart looking, but I have a couple of points and questions on it;

The instant payout is good providing you keep your word on constantly doing that, or your rep may be damaged if their are further posts/reports of delays.

I would like to be CLEAR that payouts are only made on premium downloads. We do not pay out on 'free' downloads otherwise this leaves us open to too much abuse.

And yes it is gauranteed that all paid downloads will result in an instant payout to the content provider. This is because the downloader actually pays the content provider directly. So technically, WE do not pay out, the downloader does. We simply verify payment has been made. You can look at the source code of every download page, and see how payments are split!

The charging of $10.01 per 100MB bandwidth usage may deter new would be members and uploaders from joining when they view your site and that term.

Please look again. It is $0.01, not $10.01. This means it is only 10 cents per GB!

The offer of FREE downloads is important to members, so its good that you offer that. I know that before I recommend any Filehosts to my members I always look for that ;). It is an incentive for them to then pay for Premium.

Yes we think offering the service for free is important. Of course we do limit the speed to 1.5Mbit, but we feel this is more than enough.

I do hope you dont mind my posting my opinions and I wish you the best of luck with your service.

Not a problem! We are welcoming comments and opinions! We wish only to improve the service and we can only go so far without user feedback.

May I ask you where you are based? as that is very important these days that members and uploaders know that for their, and their files security.
Also does your site BAN US IPs and refuse to pay out to them?, as some Filehosts are doing now.

FileShoppe is based in Hong Kong but and servers are currently located in both HK and USA. The servers mirror each other so the idea is you pick the server that is geographically closer. Though in practice, most people will find the US server to be faster. We are soon adding NL to our mirror list and possibly Switzerland and Russia as well.

No we do not ban US IPs and it is not possible for us to refuse to pay anyone. Payments do NOT come from us, they come from the downloaders.

I hope that answers your questions.

If anyone else has any questions, please feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

:))
in ur day dreaming, U just wasting your time here on arguin warez

no one crying about lost virtual earning, and uacted like 12 years old kids when raging

I am the guy that has probably banned you from a half a dozen or so warez sites.

Yes look at me!

I am not crying about lost virtual earnings or how file hosts scammed me out of money that was not mine to start with.

And I am still laughing at you!

Thank you for your prompt reply FShoppe, Im impressed.
I have answered your replies within your comments

""I would like to be CLEAR that payouts are only made on premium downloads. We do not pay out on 'free' downloads otherwise this leaves us open to too much abuse.""

I absolutely agree with this, I must admit I and my staff are sick and tired of all those that expect constant "freebies", especially those that take everything we offer on my site (all is free), and dont even bother to register, or say thanks or click the thanks button even if they do register. Its disheartening as we all dont get paid and work hard to supply good things and a good service to all.
The many guests also take a toll on the server, and mine is costly as I have a good one and pay extra for security and privacy on it. I have now limited the guests as to which sub sections' threads they can actually view. They can still view the sections but not within the threads themselves! ;)

""And yes it is gauranteed that all paid downloads will result in an instant payout to the content provider. This is because the downloader actually pays the content provider directly. So technically, WE do not pay out, the downloader does. We simply verify payment has been made. You can look at the source code of every download page, and see how payments are split!""
Quote:
Please look again. It is $0.01, not $10.01. This means it is only 10 cents per GB!
OOPs my apologies, the print is so small that it is posted as US$0.01 but the $ is not that visible and looked like a 1. That certainly does make a differance from $10.01. I am so very busy that I have to speed read sometimes. :'(

Quote:
Yes we think offering the service for free is important. Of course we do limit the speed to 1.5Mbit, but we feel this is more than enough.
I agree and that is good of you to even offer that much, some sites I have investigated constantly have a message posted that "Free downloads are not available at this time, buy Premium"

Quote:
Not a problem! We are welcoming comments and opinions! We wish only to improve the service and we can only go so far without user feedback.

Quote:
FileShoppe is based in Hong Kong but and servers are currently located in both HK and USA. The servers mirror each other so the idea is you pick the server that is geographically closer. Though in practice, most people will find the US server to be faster. We are soon adding NL to our mirror list and possibly Switzerland and Russia as well.
Be careful with that, as servers ending .com .net and I think .info are routed through Phoenix in the US and thus are very easy to be taken down by you know who. X-(

No we do not ban US IPs and it is not possible for us to refuse to pay anyone. Payments do NOT come from us, they come from the downloaders.
That is good, as it is a question I am constantly asked.

I hope that answers your questions.
It certainly does except for these new ones :)) ;

What does this mean;

CarrotPay Merchant ID:
question.png

You must provide a merchant ID if setting a price other than 0.

I see that this is info for Uploaders but what is CarrotPay?, and when I click the
question.png
icon for an explanation, it doesnt work, and I cant find any button to register, or find your Premium Rates on your home page.

When I go onto your "make money" page it starts to give the explanation, but doesnt finish it, as so;

"What's more, payments are made DIRECTLY to you! We never hold your funds so you can be sure you always"

Also I cant find anywhere on that page or on your site about offering other site affiliations with you, do I take it you do not affiliate with sites for them to sell Premium Accts etc on your site?

Thanks

CarrotPay is the payment method we use. It can be topped up by users with Paypal/CreditCard/Bank Transfer. We choose Paypal due to their ability to process micropayments, reasonable fees of just 5% and non-reversable transactions.

I see that this is info for Uploaders but what is CarrotPay?, and when I click the
question.png
icon for an explanation, it doesnt work, and I cant find any button to register, or find your Premium Rates on your home page.

It is not a 'clickable' icon. If you place your mouse over it, it should have a small box of text show up with the explanation.

When I go onto your "make money" page it starts to give the explanation, but doesnt finish it, as so;

"What's more, payments are made DIRECTLY to you! We never hold your funds so you can be sure you always"

Looks like it's stopped fetching that peice of text from the DB. Thanks for pointing that out! We will fix that ASAP.

Also I cant find anywhere on that page or on your site about offering other site affiliations with you, do I take it you do not affiliate with sites for them to sell Premium Accts etc on your site?

This is an accountless system. Users do not sign up, and users do not pay any monthly/annual fees so there are no premium/affiliate referals to be paid.

There are two ways to get paid with FileShoppe.

Upload content (you should have the right to distribute any content uploaded on the server as we do comply with DMCA take down requests). And you can set a price for that file. If the price is NOT $0.00, the FREE downloads are not available. Premium downloads are available at $0.01 /100MB and content providers will recieve 20% of the sale value.

If a price is set ($0.01 +), then the content provider recieve 99% of the price charged, or the full price less the bandwidth fee (also $0.01/100MB).

The SECOND way to earn money is to share OTHER peoples content. The content provider will still recieve their payment, but the sharer will recieve 10% of the sale value. This 10% is taken from the content provider's share. So for shared content, the content provider can recieve upto 89%, the sharer recieves 10% and we recieve 1%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back