Status
Not open for further replies.

hostlooker

Banned
Banned
i have a 100mbit connection for downloading and im pissed off as i tryed 2 providers that use 100mbit and i dont get more then 10-20mbit max so i want one that will do least 80mbit

am i best going for a vps if so anyone know a decent provider i want either uk or usa location its for private use

just need 5gb space

found a vps doesnt matter now

Last edited:
8 comments
Ok there is a confussion i think you have. There is 2 different things called bit and byte.

Whatever your port speed in bit you will get divide it with 8 to get the speed in byte. For example:

My net connection is 200 kbit/s And i get about 20Kbyte as download speed. so which means if your connection is 100mbit then you will get 100/8 mbyte speed. If you want 80Mbyte speed you must go for 1 Gbit connection speed.

im from uk i need it so i can transfer a file from rapidleech to server then download it and delete it from server if you know what i mean

i found 2 vps so for that max my speed

so might go with one of them

mbit/sec not mbyte

just to know 100mbit not for you only that connection/port speed, 100mbit this shared to all client
and that provider vps can do limit perclient they will be not give full becouse if full the server will lose and not have space
that effect server will slow down
example:
like your internet connection if you have 10mb then u do full download speed, try open or browsing you will be slow and hard to open some site

a 100mbit line will only get upto 30-40mbit max..

if your looking to get 80mbit (80% of a 100mbit is not possible) you need 1gbit line which is made up of 10 100mbit lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back