Hide IP hosting + Hide domain Info = Low Risk Suspend Hosting due to DMCA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NgocNM

Hi guys, If I use WHOIS protection for domain and Cloudflare) to hide my hosting IP.
Does it have any risks that my hosting providers detect DMCA infringement and suspend my account?
If yes, how they can find?
Because I think hosting and domain info are both private and it's safe.
Thanks in advance

13 comments
Adding domain privacy and then using Cloudflare is completely doable.

If you host nasty stuffs on your website, DMCA will go to Coudflare who will pass over your server ip and details back to the complainant.

I saw that the most dmca reports come from ChillingEffects.org (because my old blog was deleted by report from this site) and it may find my old blog from Google. An idea comes to my head: My site is mostly promoted by Youtube not Google so I prevent my site from Google index. is this solution can reduce DMCA detection risk?

Hi guys, If I use WHOIS protection for domain and Cloudflare) to hide my hosting IP.
Does it have any risks that my hosting providers detect DMCA infringement and suspend my account?
Thanks in advance

don't use cloudlfare.
See the post form jure12
moreover if you don't buy the 200$-Version of Cloudflare, your webpage could get very slow when they got server-problems (and they do really often due to attacks on their network)
Cloudflare isn't a good option - as well as many of these CDN-Services.
The best way is it to host on an host, which will ignore DMCA. See the VPS or Dedicated sections here in the board.

doing business with a dmca-attracting website isn't really cheap. So don't go with anything like ovh etc. Most of them will kill your accounts very fast.
if you can't afford switchtig to a proper host, you should try setting up a reversy proxy (or buy one - but even there: look that they ignore dmca)

you host normally don't scan your servers for files. They will take action if s.o. gives them the notice.

Even a whois protection isn't that save. It's just a security meassures for the kiddies out there, trying to abuse a domain.
As for copyright-holders nearly all the ways are open. They will just write your whois-protection-service and they will forward them the right data (normally)

so to be secure:
go with a dmca ignore host, use bitcoin with a host, that won't ask your details
buy a domain with bitcoin at another company, where the won't put your name into the details.
(both is possible, though not really the cheapest)

Thanks in advance

don't use cloudlfare.
See the post form jure12
moreover if you don't buy the 200$-Version of Cloudflare, your webpage could get very slow when they got server-problems (and they do really often due to attacks on their network)
Cloudflare isn't a good option - as well as many of these CDN-Services.
The best way is it to host on an host, which will ignore DMCA. See the VPS or Dedicated sections here in the board.

doing business with a dmca-attracting website isn't really cheap. So don't go with anything like ovh etc. Most of them will kill your accounts very fast.
if you can't afford switchtig to a proper host, you should try setting up a reversy proxy (or buy one - but even there: look that they ignore dmca)

you host normally don't scan your servers for files. They will take action if s.o. gives them the notice.

Even a whois protection isn't that save. It's just a security meassures for the kiddies out there, trying to abuse a domain.
As for copyright-holders nearly all the ways are open. They will just write your whois-protection-service and they will forward them the right data (normally)

so to be secure:
go with a dmca ignore host, use bitcoin with a host, that won't ask your details
buy a domain with bitcoin at another company, where the won't put your name into the details.
(both is possible, though not really the cheapest)

Thanks for your experience. Why you always go with bitcoin?
Anyway, I have found a lot of hosting that ignored DMCA and inexpensive.
But I am still finding Domain registra ignored DMCA. A lot of people recommend Internet.bs but it does not really ignore DMCA, some circumstances are banned or send DMCA report directly for the site owners. Do you have any solution?

Thanks for your experience. Why you always go with bitcoin?
Anyway, I have found a lot of hosting that ignored DMCA and inexpensive.
But I am still finding Domain registra ignored DMCA. A lot of people recommend Internet.bs but it does not really ignore DMCA, some circumstances are banned or send DMCA report directly for the site owners. Do you have any solution?

Hi,
sorry for the late reply. i was on a trip :D
at first i've used bitcoin, since at the moment it's one of the promised anonymous payments.
Others may work too (like paysafecard, ucash etc.) It was just an example :)
PayPal sure is an option, but since you attrackt many DMCA requests, it's probably the better way, to stay anonymous.

as for a registar and internet.be
Internet.BS (aka Internet Bahamas) was for a long time the go-to offshore domain registrar. In June 2014, Internet.BS was purchased by UK-based CentralNIC, which also holds offices in the US. This means Internet.BS can no longer be considered an offshore registrar. It is also imposing UK VAT of 20% for EU residents.

-> Offshore domain registrars | Internet.bs alternatives - Exotic VPS
Also look at some other options on this page :)

Hi,
at first i've used bitcoin, since at the moment it's one of the promised anonymous payments.
PayPal sure is an option, but since you attrackt many DMCA requests, it's probably the better way, to stay anonymous.

Internet.BS (aka Internet Bahamas) was for a long time the go-to offshore domain registrar. In June 2014, Internet.BS was purchased by UK-based CentralNIC, which also holds offices in the US. This means Internet.BS can no longer be considered an offshore registrar. It is also imposing UK VAT of 20% for EU residents.

Hi,
Could you please explain how can I check Domain and server are in offshore zone .
I mean located in offshore zone or not?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Hi,
Could you please explain how can I check Domain and server are in offshore zone .
I mean located in offshore zone or not?

Thanks in advance.

if the host is not in your country ,than its in the offshore zone. :)
running a dmca ignore hosting is not really possible ,every host must follow the dmca sooner or later. avoid hosters which have the following terms on their advertising page: dmca ignore hosting, unlimited everything...(unprofessional)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back