Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice_one_120

Hi everyone....

I bought VPS and I sat up a domain but there is something missing and making my life like hell. I have 0 experience with hosting and that's why I can't have it done.

The VPS I bout is Linux OS. I will tell you what I did step by step and you guys please help me tell me what do I need to do and what I've missed to do.

I created new account from Account Functions => Create a New Account.
There I put all the required details and I created an account. I am able to to login to the new domain's cpanel and everything seems to work fine but I received an email from the hosting provider saying you must set up the DNS for the domain which I don't know where and how to do it. and here is the email

IMPORTANT: Do not ignore this email.

Your hostname (vps.*****.com) could not be resolved to an IP
address. This means that /etc/hosts is not set up correctly, and/or
there is no dns entry for vps.*****.com. Please be sure that the
contents of /etc/hosts are configured correctly, and also that
there is a correct 'A' entry for the domain in the zone file.

Some or all of these problems can be caused by /etc/resolv.conf
being setup incorrectly. Please check that file if you believe
everything else is correct.

You may be able to automatically correct this problem by using the
'Add an A entry for your hostname' option under 'Dns Functions' in
your Web Host Manager.

Please help and tell me what to do. I contacted my hosting provider but he is not willing to sort it out as he thinks it's not his job.

one more thing can you please suggest for me any good tutorials about hosting as my knowledge is 0.

Thank you for your time guys. waiting for your help

6 comments
thanks ibby

the question is where can I find etc/hosts? as I said I don't know nothing about hosting.

If you've Yahoo or Skype send me a PM I'll help you resolve this issues may we ask whom your hosting provider is I'm really surprise they won't help you resolve this very easy to resolve issue i'll be more then happy to teach you howto resolve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back