Status
Not open for further replies.

Veer

Am I the only one to see this error?

Browser using : Chrome

Error you can see below :

yKOag.png

Well it happens when I click the arrow for opening the pm or visitors message.

Please don't talk about cache or cookies or any other shit.

I have re installed to Windows 7 last week and it used to happen before that too.

13 comments
Uhm, is there any "good" solution for this? we are accepting all ideas :)

Besides being smartass and say remove flash banners!

Uhm, is there any "good" solution for this? we are accepting all ideas :)

Besides being smartass and say remove flash banners!
Use wmode="transparent" in the flash vars while displaying banner.
It already works for firefox here but not so for chrome, by added wmode = transparent, it will work with chrome too

Uhm, is there any "good" solution for this?

Some browsers have workarounds for it but there's no global solution. It all depends on the order the browser renders stuff. WebKit usually renders it's plugins after the HTML. Anyway, the real problem here is the placing of the ads. You're simply not supposed to put such objects in places where the user can interact with HTML elements. Especially menus (for example a banner under a menu will have a skewed click rate because of the user accidentally clicking next to the menu). Logic 101.

You're all (or most of you) extremely money hungry people. It's crazy some of the shit you see here people will do for money, but never miss the chance to say use adblock and take away from another persons pocket. Especially a site you guys practically live on.

I'm not saying don't use it, just don't be so damn flashy about it.

You can try using z-index.
.vbmenu_option{
background: #ffffff url(http://i.wjunction.com/gradients/altBG.gif) repeat-x bottom left;
color: #64666a;
font: 11px verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
white-space: nowrap;
cursor: pointer;
border-top:1px solid #C0C0C0;
position: absolute;
z-index: 9999999;
}

Now, I added position and z-index elements. Position absolute might fuck up the navbar so test it first. If there is no problem then awesome ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back