Grifthost.com - Earn up to $40 Reliable Video Host

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uploaded in MP4 format so no encoding at all..

now nearly all my uploaded movies don´t work.. (stream and download)

btw it would be nice if you could raise the encoding bitrate.. i mean free users can use 500kb/s (4000kbps) then just make the video bitrate like 3800kbps and the audio bitrate 192..

Last edited:
Uploaded in MP4 format so no encoding at all..

now nearly all my uploaded movies don´t work.. (stream and download)

btw it would be nice if you could raise the encoding bitrate.. i mean free users can use 500kb/s (4000kbps) then just make the video bitrate like 3800kbps and the audio bitrate 192..

Please give me your username so i can help solve your problem. Ive checked embed video everything works as well as downloads give me a link that doesnt work for you.
-Edit

Nvm i got your username didnt see the previous posts. I just checked your videos they all seem to work All the tvshows that you added like wilfred and the following all work. for regular users, and registered users. Also are you sure its not only you and your internet provider thats causing the error. sometimes the videos dont work only because of a internet connection error. Are you seeing a video not found error? cause if thats the case then the problem is at your end. if you see a video not found error the video will still work if you reset your internet connection and also refresh your cache. and just keep pressing the play button until it plays. if its not that error then please send me a screen shot so i can further assist on the error from which you see. I have scanned over 100 of your videos and they all work as well as play and can be downloaded.
They all play.

Last edited:
Hmm.. not in Firefox and Chrome :/

http://i.imgur.com/79LNOgm.png

EDIT: Okey, checked on my RDP and the video is only on my pc not working..

will check tomorrow at other computers but its my problem with my connection. idk why

but would you maybe think about the encoding thing? would be really nice :)

Last edited:
Since every thing is converted to mp4 it isnt using a bit rate for video. Its using CRF. Below is the current settings.

Video width720 pixels
Video quality22 CRF value. 24 is recommended. Lower values gives better quality.
Audio bitrate128 kbps

Since every thing is converted to mp4 it isnt using a bit rate for video. Its using CRF. Below is the current settings.

Video width720 pixels
Video quality22 CRF value. 24 is recommended. Lower values gives better quality.
Audio bitrate128 kbps

It would be nice if you could raise up the video width, so that it is at least HD.

Video width: 1280px and video height: 720px

CRF value is really nice.. do you convert also mkv files?

Video width720 pixels
Audio bitrate128 kbps

It would be nice if you could raise up the video width, so that it is at least HD.

Video width: 1280px and video height: 720px

CRF value is really nice.. do you convert also mkv files?

It doesnt give a height option only width. and it converts mkv, avi, flv, mp4 into mp4.

then just use 1280px as the width (it will automatically use 16:9) because then i promise you that will attract more uploaders!

@catdoge that i dont think is a good idea cause that would encase all mp4 video into that. meaning even the smaller files would end up being converted into a huge file. example a 50 mb file with those setting would increase that file to about 1gb or 700mb. meaning the streaming rate for the user to load the video would take longer which means earnings would technically be lower since streaming would be alot slower. due to the file size.

720 is actually a good size since its considered hd as well. crf is what it really matters. the size not as much since crf is quality that means basically hd. the width determines the size doesnt necessary mean quality.

Hello guys,

The september contest is over.

The winners are listed below -

1st Place - Dancemoms $100
2nd Place - jav4a $50
3rd Place - piggychops007 $10

The Accounts will be credited with the prizes by the end of today.

Congrats to the winners, and for those that have not won anything there is always the rewards program. We will be having another contest in December so start uploading and getting your videos indexed so by the time it hits december you will get downloads/streams much faster.

Grifthost Admin

Hi, just want to ask if all files do convert to mp4 and if it does how long does it take to be converted. I see some convert and some don't. And oh, how many days does file get deleted for inactivity.

Btw, thanks for the prompt payment always.

More power, cheers :sun:

@piggychops all files are suppose to convert to mp4. If they get corrupted we delete from the converting process. We give 60 day file inactivity sometimes even longer depending on if there is a dmca removal request or not. The way we delete files is that we delete the ones that dont have any downloads at all first. We allow mkv and avi with mp4 and flv. but we suggest users use mp4 for their videos because they get the most earnings out of it. if the video is in mp4 format, a user using ipad or tablet can view your video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back