1. frostfairs

frostfairs Member

Jun 6, 2012
    i have some misconceptions to be get rid of..plx.

do google not index the pages of social networks?
    do social networks could not get the organic traffic?
    is this true google gave more respect to the forums than social networks (google shows more results of forums in search)?
    in buddypress there are forums too, how google see those forums?
    with the view of webmaster, technical pros and cons of, social networking vs forums?
    and the last one
    is this better to create just a forum or a forum with social network i.e buddypress or more better all of them to create a dynamic site having a forum with subdomain?

2. Raptile

Raptile Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Do you or one of the people you know go on Facebook through Google?

3. cvrle77

cvrle77 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Very easy answer is:

[​IMG]

4. ravim

ravim Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2011
    I think Facebook is new generation human search engine. :)

5. frostfairs

frostfairs Member

Jun 6, 2012

yes we, but the ratio is comparatively low. whenever i try to search something in google there is more results of forums than social network which leads me to misconception that, with whom google is more comfortable. either with forums or social networks??

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

you mean where humans are the crawler and humans are the searchers too??

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

i actually want to create something which is more convenient for the users and more than that just a forum which i think is "social networking + forum ". So that people come where not only through viral traffic but also with the organic traffic.
    Is it tolerated by the google or not?

6. cvrle77

cvrle77 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    It is MOSTLY, because people don't backlink facebook pages, that's why you don't see many facebook pages on top of SERPS.
    It's also very simple explanation.

Do backlinking for fan page with targetted keywords, like you do for forums, and it'll be high in SERPS.

Proof:

[​IMG]

7. wfgsp

wfgsp New Member

Mar 6, 2012
    +1

might I add used by law enforcement and private investigators

8. AlternativeWeb

AlternativeWeb Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    If i was to look for "information" i would rather much head to the forums to get it over facebook.

9. Heath

Heath Banned Banned

Apr 13, 2012
    I'm pretty sure google trusts sites with high frontpage PR/backlinks more than forums with much lower PR. Hence the reason for the point above about Justin Bieber's fanpage from FB listed so closely to the top.