Funny Hosting Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravim

I LOL! whole 2 days.. and don't find out the reason!

I make FREE files hosting site offer people 10TB Hosting for free + 100TB Hosting for Paid.
To maintain that over 22 months I added like 5 NAS from DC + Host BIG Dedicated Server + B2 in the backups process if anything fails so I can easily recover.

I get like 10 people. 2 are paid. I asked people why they don't subscribe so everyone showing bullshit excuses. My site wasn't down for a bit. But I was hoping Hugh users takeover I run some ads.. after 6 months what I got is 170562 users only 50 users are barely active or uploading anything.

WTF!

I asked the reason but most of them said NOTHING. 2 months ago I announced I will downgread all the storage capacity. Well, yesterday the day I downgrade the capacity because it's just killing unnecessary money burn. SO now 100GB for Free and 2TB paid members. In 24hrs my 20+ users turn into a Paid members.

Seriously>>! any Webmaster if has a clue let me know.

Thanks

34 comments
@Doop Now I have to agree with most of the others in the forum that most of your claims are full of lies. I do want to share few things you proposed to me.

TxfdA9.png

1) You approached me asking for 100GB on one of my servers to host your images
2) You clearly said, you are hosting all the images on the main server because you don't have servers to spare

Suddenly you made a post saying you are allowing 500TB for the 99USD plan. Please do explain how in the world it is possible to host 500TB for just paying 99USD, 180 days. This shows your inefficiency in maths and handling servers.
Post automatically merged:

Images are easy and very cheap for you to store so I am not surprised you have no issues especially using chevereto which does all the work for you.

LOL, this shows your level of understanding of the image and file hosting industry. Storage always comes cheap but not bandwidth. Try to host a billion images and handle 2 Petabytes and traffic without CloudFlare and prove your skills which I can do.

Chevereto is just a script and you need proper infra to do the above thing.

Last edited:
@Doop Now I have to agree with most of the others in the forum that most of your claims are full of lies. I do want to share few things you proposed to me.

TxfdA9.png

1) You approached me asking for 100GB on one of my servers to host your images
2) You clearly said, you are hosting all the images on the main server because you don't have servers to spare

Suddenly you made a post saying you are allowing 500TB for the 99USD plan. Please do explain how in the world it is possible to host 500TB for just paying 99USD, 180 days. This shows your inefficiency in maths and handling servers.

LOL, this shows your level of understanding of the image and file hosting industry. Storage always comes cheap but not bandwidth. Try to host a billion images and handle 2 Petabytes and traffic without CloudFlare and prove your skills which I can do.

Chevereto is just a script and you need proper infra to do the above thing.
Again this proves nothing, I wanted you to allocate 100GB so I can test your service just like @PlayTube asked to do with 50TB on FileChick

You think I will host ALL my images on Leak.pics without testing your service ? I'm not crazy it would of been a much cheaper option for me using your service than buying more servers.

I said "currently" hosting on main server, i.e I was running out of space but I have since purchased an additional server and now hosting the images there.

Also you really should not put image hosting and file hosting in same category, image hosting is lightweight work completely automated, file hosting is complicated due to the size of files and many other reasons.

We all know you are not dealing with Petabytes give me a break and stop the lies.

You are trying to trip me up but it's not working at all.

Also you really should not put image hosting and file hosting in same category, image hosting is lightweight work completely automated, file hosting is complicated due to the size of files and many other reasons.

Based on my experience image hosting and video hosting is the most difficult than file hosting. As I said this again shows your inefficiency.

I never had experience with video hosting and I have a reason as that require quite a lot of other expertise which I never have. And also I don't have hands-on on it as it is not easy to legally monetize. So I never tried it.

Now I will tell why image hosting is difficult than file hosting, unlike the image host you owned.

It is not that you can just store images on one server and then allow people to hotlink or embed it or use free CDN like cloudflare to do it.

In my image host, I have my own CDN which comprise 30+ individual servers in all parts of the world. And we do geo balancing and serve the images. This means you will see all the images in less than 5ms where ever you are (TTFB). Try to do this thing in our image host without Cloudflare and other CDN and prove your skills.

Do note that we are having more POPs than imgur as I cannot compare my service with any other.

Based on my experience image hosting and video hosting is the most difficult than file hosting. As I said this again shows your inefficiency.

I never had experience with video hosting and I have a reason as that require quite a lot of other expertise which I never have. And also I don't have hands-on on it as it is not easy to legally monetize. So I never tried it.

Now I will tell why image hosting is difficult than file hosting, unlike the image host you owned.

It is not that you can just store images on one server and then allow people to hotlink or embed it or use free CDN like cloudflare to do it.

In my image host, I have my own CDN which comprise 30+ individual servers in all parts of the world. And we do geo balancing and serve the images. This means you will see all the images in less than 5ms where ever you are (TTFB). Try to do this thing in our image host without Cloudflare and other CDN and prove your skills.

Do note that we are having more POPs than imgur as I cannot compare my service with any other.
I'm not going to discuss anything with you any longer, you sound like a little bratt with no argument.

I will say FileChick does both file hosting AND &&&&& VIDEO STREAMING :) so there you go.

I'm not going to discuss anything with you any longer, you sound like a little bratt with no argument.

That is not the real reason, you just literally don't understand what I have said and don't have the potential to do it.

Try to have a site like @PlayTube and then brag over here when you want others to consider that your site does video streaming and better.

Try to have a site image hosting site like me and then again brag over here by explaining how your website is better than us. And also ensure it is at least hosting 10% legal images where we host 100% legal images.

That is not the real reason, you just literally don't understand what I have said and don't have the potential to do it.

Try to have a site like @PlayTube and then brag over here when you want others to consider that your site does video streaming and better.

Try to have a site image hosting site like me and then again brag over here by explaining how your website is better than us. And also ensure it is at least hosting 10% legal images where we host 100% legal images.
What @PlayTube site are you talking about?

Also we got no interest in PPV or PPD < this is not our business model.

Also we got no interest in PPV or PPD < this is not our business model.

Aah right. So your business model is to host copyright material but suddenly changed the idea as people started to expose you.

And you have placed tons of ads on both your image and file host because it is hosting legal images and people will be happier to see the legal images with tons of ads. Am I right?

Here is the proof that you work with illegal content

T3juuy.png

And it is my stupidity to argue with a person like you and I am done.

@Doop what the hell are you saying dude? You have single server at filechick. Which is fucking proxied through cloudflare which means if your domain still have not got banned it has literally NO TRAFFIC that CloudFlare support doesn't even notice your crappy host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back