Tags:
  1. golfvswag

golfvswag Member

May 20, 2017
    I have an old laptop that used to be a backup machine. Yesterday my main working computer was broken and need to use the backup machine. However, I can't remember the login password (seems changed it since upgraded to Windows 10). Any way to unlock the computer without data loss?

2. Tango

Tango Super Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
  3. golfvswag

golfvswag Member

May 20, 2017
    Nope, it is a local account. I didn't sign in with Microsoft account.

thanks

4. Cacamer

Cacamer New Member

May 24, 2017
    Without a recovery disk, do you have another account that can log in that computer ? (computer in a domain?)
    Usually their is the standard admin account, and the user account used on the computer.

You can also use the HDD from another computer to make a backup, and re-install it in the correct computer, and re-install Windows on it.

If you think this is a trouble, try some free windows password reset tools like ntpassword, uukeys, ophrack and more...

you should prepare an USB or DVD and a working computer to burn a password reset disk.

5. golfvswag

golfvswag Member

May 20, 2017
    Besides the admin account, there is only another guest account on that computer. I will go for the second suggestion and see which one works. thank u

P.S Tried two of them and UUkeys seems better for newbies. I followed this tutorial and made a password reset disk. The process is really simple.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  6. harsha98

harsha98 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2014
    Use trininty rescue kit its simple and very easy

7. GAURI SERVERS

GAURI SERVERS Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Hello

Hello Hope this software will help you to reset password : Renee Passnow
    After Downloading the software follow the below steps and your password will be reset

Step 1: Plug in a USB drive or CD into your computer and then click “Create USB/CD”.
    Tips: Please backup your data inside the USB drive in advanced. Because creating the bootable USB will erase all data inside the USB.

Step 2: Boot your target PC and change the boot order in BIOS.
    Insert the create bootable USB/CD in your PC. Secondly, change the boot order of the target PC in BIOS. If the bootable drive is not first in the boot order, your PC will start “normally” (i.e. boot from your hard drive) and will not check your disc drive.

Step 3: Reset Windows Admin/Login Password.
    Load in Renee Passnow and select the “PassNow!” function.

Step 4: Select the target account then click “Clear Password” to reset its login password.
    After reset successful, please restart your PC. Before restarting the computer, please disconnect the bootable USB/CD from your computer. Then your computer will boot normally.

8. harsha98

harsha98 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2014
    search for heiren boot CD

Create a bootable cd and boot with mini xp it easy and works with almost all the systems

If this is not working try the trinity rescue kit this will help u login to the admin to without any password below are the steps

boot wit trinity rescue kit
    Reset windows password
    winpass interactive
    it will automatically search for the windows installtion drive
    if u have more than one also it will show
    select the windows
    select the username(case sensitive)
    select clear password
    and quit and restart
    and u can login without the windows password

9. Falker

Falker Member

Dec 18, 2017
    The upgrade program is complicated , l've had similar the login password lost problems , but i have a Microsoft account , so set up a new password can be very easy ,

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  10. numerosky

numerosky Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    I use "passcape" very easy to use and to reset windows password
    simply reboot with the iso file and it will ask you for the new password
    it is paid software, but you can find it on torrents

11. K3V

K3V Well-Known Member Respected

Jul 13, 2009
    Kon-Boot :emoji_levitate:

12. nestor

nestor Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2017
    there is a tool named kon-boot, you have to burn it (old word) to your usb drive, and boot with it, you can bypass the pass.