Status
Not open for further replies.

jamilv

I am in need of a shared host that allows me to host files. Not a file locker like rapid share but I have some websites that have podcast downloads and things like that (anywhere from 1mb - 100mb/file) and I get around 1 - 3k downloads/month. So I was wondering if there was a good host that allows that type of use out of their shared hosting plans?

11 comments
Depends how many. Any host will allow that if you only have a few. Try Hostgator or site5. Both are fairly inexpensive. I've done we'll with Hostgator in the past. Just ask over chat first.

The files are mp3 and pdf files, pdfs range from 3mb to 10mb and mp3s are 25mb to 85mb.

The pdfs get 300 downloads per day (~9,000/month, which is an average of 58GB bandwidth) at the moment and mp3s get about 30 per day (900/month, which is an average of 99GB bandwidth).

The budget is flexible, I would LOVE to stay under $25/month if possible though.

Essentially I am looking for something somewhat scalable as these numbers are around 157GB/month average and a couple months ago I barely used 50GB bandwidth/month so something that can handle up to 400-500GB/month would be perfect for those peak months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back