idontgetit
New Member
Hello!
I am a long term member of WJ. I have been on here for a little over 3 years. I am good friends with many who have come and gone. I have regged this account because I know that moderators and stuff target people who "speak up". maybe thats a story for another thread but I want to move on for this thread.
Why doesnt WJ get rid of the elephant in the room? Which elephant? those two file hosting sections. File hosts support and file hosts discussion. These two sections are the biggest drag on all of WJ.
Why? because they attract people here who are not interested in the other 30 or however many sections there are. But when these people DO go into other sections, they are either trolls or they try and change topics to what they would be like in those two sections?
So hawk, why dont you delete them? Its no secret that this forum is nearly dead (activity wise). And you wanna know the reason? those sections. I asked a couple of old timers if they wanna come join in some threads. You know the response? WJ is full of idiots... and the source of them? those two sections.
My proposal is:
Why are these two forums so important to WJ anyway? In terms of content, they offer a miniscul percentage of what is here. They are about 10% of the total post count. yet these sections seem to alienate the most people? And if its traffic you are worried about, well webmaster discussions now has MORE people online it than the file hosting sections. At least there is threads worthy of reading with actual content in the webmaster discussions areas.
Why not do a break down here?
Pros
And what about the legal aspect? WJ is in the US... now I dont really care for the "freedom of speech blah blah" and all that jazz. None of that prevents someone from going via channels to get a stupid members information that makes a post like "I uploaded all this: XX". there doesn't have to be a "law" broken for that to occurr.
We have seen many excuses about why they should stay. Ranging from site activity to being scared of people using DP rather then WJ for file hosts stuff. But so what? at the end of the day, who cares if some visitors leave? they dont contribute anyway. If anything they are a negative for this website.
Please remove these sections, refocus WJ and get it back to been a community. If those two sections disappear this place instantly changes its image, its reputation, its member base, its average IQ, its content... the list goes on.
I am a long term member of WJ. I have been on here for a little over 3 years. I am good friends with many who have come and gone. I have regged this account because I know that moderators and stuff target people who "speak up". maybe thats a story for another thread but I want to move on for this thread.
Why doesnt WJ get rid of the elephant in the room? Which elephant? those two file hosting sections. File hosts support and file hosts discussion. These two sections are the biggest drag on all of WJ.
Why? because they attract people here who are not interested in the other 30 or however many sections there are. But when these people DO go into other sections, they are either trolls or they try and change topics to what they would be like in those two sections?
So hawk, why dont you delete them? Its no secret that this forum is nearly dead (activity wise). And you wanna know the reason? those sections. I asked a couple of old timers if they wanna come join in some threads. You know the response? WJ is full of idiots... and the source of them? those two sections.
My proposal is:
- Remove those two sections.
- Mass email members saying the sections are gone.
- Watch active members return.
- Get better content here.
Why are these two forums so important to WJ anyway? In terms of content, they offer a miniscul percentage of what is here. They are about 10% of the total post count. yet these sections seem to alienate the most people? And if its traffic you are worried about, well webmaster discussions now has MORE people online it than the file hosting sections. At least there is threads worthy of reading with actual content in the webmaster discussions areas.
Why not do a break down here?
Pros
- less spam
- less idiots in chatbox
- less people asking stupid questions outside those sections
- old members return
- better content here
- better focus
- lose some shitty spammy traffic?
- lose money? better than this site going completely down the sewer.
And what about the legal aspect? WJ is in the US... now I dont really care for the "freedom of speech blah blah" and all that jazz. None of that prevents someone from going via channels to get a stupid members information that makes a post like "I uploaded all this: XX". there doesn't have to be a "law" broken for that to occurr.
We have seen many excuses about why they should stay. Ranging from site activity to being scared of people using DP rather then WJ for file hosts stuff. But so what? at the end of the day, who cares if some visitors leave? they dont contribute anyway. If anything they are a negative for this website.
Please remove these sections, refocus WJ and get it back to been a community. If those two sections disappear this place instantly changes its image, its reputation, its member base, its average IQ, its content... the list goes on.