Status
Not open for further replies.

mufec1

Noticed from yesterday, most of the major tv groups (LOL, ASAP) decided to implement x264 format instead of xvid.

http://pastebin.com/XFUNGPfm

FQM and 2HD decided to release in xvid format but only matter of time, they all will follow 1 format.

So is this the end of xvid?. No point of releasing 2 versions when they are almost the same filesize.

19 comments
Thats what some scene site says
Introducing the TV/SD-x264 Category
A few days ago the SD x264 TV Releasing Standards 2012 were introduced, which means some TV groups will be releasing Standard Definition (SD) releases in x264 instead of XviD. Compared to XviD, x264 is able to provide higher quality and compression at greater SD resolutions.

We have created a new category on SceneAccess, TV/SD-x264 which will contain these releases. The TV/x264 category which contained mainly 720p x264 releases, has been renamed to TV/HD-x264 to avoid confusion. You will notice that the TV/DVDR and TV/DVDRip sections have been removed. The regular TV/XviD category will still exist.

TV releases now in x264 format

I noticed that tv releases now are in x264 format lol. Then I saw a thread on wbb explaining this.

3ee9b1dcd8.jpg

So, what can you say about this? I think it's okay since I can directly put tv shows to my ipod without having to convert them. :D

A lot of people are bitching though, I don't get it why. You get better quality + smaller file size, kinda win win situation if you ask me.
Sure, it's mp4 and not avi but who cares? It's 2012, you can play mp4 on almost anything.

I see also NZBmatrix have renamed their divx/xvid section into 'sd'.

It seems that the files I downloaded are aboujt 10-20% smaller than xvid.

A good way forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back