Do u pay tax on your $$ earned by Uploading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lol'd at this thread.

As far as I know, Warez Uploader isn't a profession hence you don't have to pay any tax; and IF you ever pay taxes from your filehost earnings... most probably you pay as you earn, but there are very little chance in that.

See this: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=marketing_us/IRS6050W

Also, if the IRS in the U.S. decides to audit you, you'll have to hand over your bank and credit card records and explain any and all deposits. All received income is taxable, no matter what your opinion is or how old you are. It all depends on whether you get audited by the American government, not if you're under the set Paypal threshold. If you want to take the risk and not get an LLC license, it's your choice. The IRS is not stupid.

Are you meaning to say 180,000.00 or do you guys put commas in weird places in India?

Yes its supposed to be 180,000. OP probably doesn't know where to put the commas.

And yes I would pay tax if I earned enough. I ain't paying tax for $50 earning a month, I would have nothing left :P

Naah Commas are in correct place according to Indian Numbering System :)

We read it as one lac eighty thousand .

There are many uploders who earn above 100usd per day. I wana know is they can ever take back those money to India? As you both of know to back the money you have to made a bank transfer. And the big money is easily detected by Income tax department in India. If I properly pay tax by file a return, does they ask me to show the earning sources?

I don't earn much. Only earned $20 and ordered AlertPay to pay as a cheque. It has been around 4-5 weeks now. Still haven't recieved it.

I think OP is talking about the big fish who earn $100+ daily. That's around $36,000USD a year..
Of course if you only make 50$ a year you are probably safe from paying taxes but 36,000? that's a big number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back