DMCA from Hostgator! Should I publish it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uelbek

I got a DMCA notice from Hostgator, saying that they got DMCA complaint, and that I need to remove the mentioned article.(it contains link to download copyrighted material)
Ok, I un-published it on Joomla, they said it's ok. Now, of course, I want to activate it again. Should I do that? Would they know it, and if they did, would they take down my entire site? What should I do?

Thanks!

Last edited:
18 comments
If it's a article why not rewrite it in your own words then link to it as a source give the writer credit i dont think they would take it down if you do it like that

I'd probably advise not to post the same link again on their hosting. It's likely it will lead to a suspension. Especially so soon after you removed it the first time.

I'd probably advise not to post the same link again on their hosting. It's likely it will lead to a suspension. Especially so soon after you removed it the first time.
So how long should I wait? What if I make copy, delete it, and create another page?

I'd call this one lost. Revisit in a few months maybe. It depends on how willing you are to risk for your hosting to be suspended.

If anything make sure you obfuscate the link. Use an url shortner. On the other hand hostgator can just shut your account down. They dont care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back