DMCA Complaints: What do you do with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nidzabg

Banned
Banned
So, I think this is the thread a lot of people would like to see.

Post your experiences with DMCA complaints. What do you do when you recieve one? How many have you recieved? And also, include the location you're hosted at.

--EDIT--
if you think this should be in the 'legal issues' of the forum, please move it there :) and when mods read this edit, please delete it, thanks :)

14 comments
Yeah, but I don't think it has been generally. Well it might be a biggy depending on which country you're in, so I wanna hear everyones experiences.. :)

I'm saying removing them is no biggie. In my opinion everyone should follow DMCA notices it doesnt matter if your remove the topic from your page a few days later there will like 50 of the same more topics

i check how the page is ranked in search engines and visitor amount to that page, if its very low then i can remove, but if its high then i do nothing unless theyr lawyer sends a notice.

And of course i try looking if its fake! as competitor sites like to send these to get theyr page higher, i do that too and it works good :)

I'm saying removing them is no biggie. In my opinion everyone should follow DMCA notices it doesnt matter if your remove the topic from your page a few days later there will like 50 of the same more topics

Not if your site is a blog.

I ignore them usually. I cba to remove a single post from my site.

I don't get them directly. I need to take care of that, of course. My datacenter forwards them to me and gives me anywhere between 24-72 hours before they block my IP. I usually get them resolved in 1-2 hours, though.

What do I do? Since I run an image host, I simply take down the requested images. No harm done.

How many do I get? About 2-3 a day. It used to be 2-3 a month, but recently it's been 2-3 every day.

As lifetalk stated. We get a 3 days to solve it out. We void the DMCA's by changing the sites IP. As the only threat from the DC is an IP nulling.

As lifetalk stated. We get a 3 days to solve it out. We void the DMCA's by changing the sites IP. As the only threat from the DC is an IP nulling.

Way to get your VPS and reseller terminated. Congratz.

P.S Netdirekt gives 24 hours to remove the content, it's not 3 days.

Changing the Site's IP is a noobish act. The DMCA Complaint clearly states that the site should be removed from their network , so changing the sites IP wont do any Good.

You can't avoid DMCA just by changing IP's that doesn't work since they datacenter can just null route the IP you've changed to. You say the only threat from the DC is nulling routing your IP what about them disconnecting your server fully from there network tell me how are you going to avoid that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back