Status
Not open for further replies.

hyelton

I have a dedi server and my Control panel says my CPU is maxed most of the time. The ONLY thing running is HTML pages and a ton of downloads, I would not think downloads would cause my CPU to be maxing out See screen shot. Should I switch from Apache to LIGHTTD whatever its called.

My CPU is VIA Nano U2250 1.6GHZ Dual Core.

25tiw5l.png

And my Downloads don`t seem that great for it being a Dedi server. I have a Gigabit RDP i`m testing with and my old VPS I was maxing out that GB port.

12 comments
on screen so = 107 Mbps . If port speed is 100 mbps you have maxed out the outbound speed and Apache process may be waiting for network resource. Could you lower the outbound fetching to 80 Mbps and see what happens with the CPU load.

Also CPL values shows 0.88, 0.66, 0.40 and seems CPU load is fine.

Last edited:
the nano's don't handle a lot.. even on the startup of htop the cpu will hit near on 90% on one of them..
chances are, it's when your control panel is checking the status of the server it is hitting all it can.

(and to be fair, the VIA Nano's have about as much panel as the ORIGINAL atom servers.)

on screen so = 107 Mbps . If port speed is 100 mbps you have maxed out the outbound speed and Apache process may be waiting for network resource. Could you lower the outbound fetching to 80 Mbps and see what happens with the CPU load.

Also CPL values shows 0.88, 0.66, 0.40 and seems CPU load is fine.

Thing is my Port speed is 1GB. I can never Achieve over 150Mbps at any time.

My My control panel reports max CPU a lot. But With everything idle nothing going on my disk IO never goes below 50%

ALso I can start ONLY ONE download from it and pull 15 MB/Sec and my Disk I/O will go from 55% to 99% just for ONE download.

But I pretty much cant use this unless there is something wrong, But not once in the 2 months I was using a VPS I did not have an issue with CPU or disk IO.

Last edited:
you are connected @ 1gbit, but you have a Guarenteed speed of 150mbit. so you don't need to worry about getting over that, as it is an added bonus.

the Average SATA drive has a IO Speed of 100-160MB/s whereas ALL the Nano's shown on benchmy.net have 70MB/s and lower (some around 2MB/s) they are a slow machine, it is quite common for this to happen.

and you have to know this,
Passmark of Nano: PassMark - VIA Nano U2250 (1.6GHz Capable) - Price performance comparison
Passmark of the Average VPS Node CPU: PassMark - Intel Xeon E3-1275 @ 3.40GHz - Price performance comparison

you're expecting a server for 10 euro to be as efficient as a server that is 10 times the cost? and about 50 times the power?

you are connected @ 1gbit, but you have a Guarenteed speed of 150mbit. so you don't need to worry about getting over that, as it is an added bonus.

the Average SATA drive has a IO Speed of 100-160MB/s whereas ALL the Nano's shown on benchmy.net have 70MB/s and lower (some around 2MB/s) they are a slow machine, it is quite common for this to happen.

and you have to know this,
Passmark of Nano: PassMark - VIA Nano U2250 (1.6GHz Capable) - Price performance comparison
Passmark of the Average VPS Node CPU: PassMark - Intel Xeon E3-1275 @ 3.40GHz - Price performance comparison

you're expecting a server for 10 euro to be as efficient as a server that is 10 times the cost? and about 50 times the power?

It was 20 Euro. And I was paying about the same for the VPS. Also I`m not asking for power. All it is , is just downloads really. And I`m on a gigabit port half is Guarenteed I was saying I was only able to pull 150mbit from it.

The only actual provider for the VIA Nano's is Online.net

Online.net state that ONLY 150mbit is guaranteed.
PERSONAL RANGE - Online.net

and they are also getting old compared to newer technology, having your CPU maxed out is perfectly normal with them, i used to have one and had a LOT of sites on them getting ~20,000 hits a day.., it spent 24/7 @ 100% CPU.

if you want to have a look at how your server is going (without running a massively conjestive control panel) have a look at this.

Simple server monitoring - Feedback appreciated (Public beta) - LowEndTalk

it might help you a bit..

The only actual provider for the VIA Nano's is Online.net

Online.net state that ONLY 150mbit is guaranteed.
PERSONAL RANGE - Online.net

and they are also getting old compared to newer technology, having your CPU maxed out is perfectly normal with them, i used to have one and had a LOT of sites on them getting ~20,000 hits a day.., it spent 24/7 @ 100% CPU.

if you want to have a look at how your server is going (without running a massively conjestive control panel) have a look at this.

Simple server monitoring - Feedback appreciated (Public beta) - LowEndTalk

it might help you a bit..

Okay thanks. This really sucks :(

if you are paying 20 euro for a nano, i could probably do you a deal with one of my servers.
like..
Quad Core X3430
4GB Ram
2x250GB hdd
20TB @ 1Gbit
(with Results like: https://www.benchmy.net/result/31204152223/ **note this is from an E3-1230 which is been used as a seedbox atm**)
that one there, won't be 20 euro but i can do a deal to make it as close as possible but then you actually get about 10x more processing power.
PassMark - Intel Xeon X3430 @ 2.40GHz - Price performance comparison

Mind you, i do sell some Nano's but most people just use them for storage/backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back